Bill Cosby

• Members

If Cosby used the drugs to have consensual sex with someone, then he should just come out and say that. He should've said it back then. Everyone knew he was a cheating slut by then so all he had to say was, "Camille and I used to have drug fueled orgies with hookers. Here's the number for a couple of them." Of course, that would make it a little harder for him to wag his finger at everyone for everything. That's part of the problem. Cosby got off on being a voice of morality and right thinking and admitting to being a drug using !@#$%^&*] hound would make that difficult. But that's not the reality. He used drugs to have non-consensual sex with unconscious women because THAT's the part that turns him on: the lack of consent.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Whoopi has been massively depressing for at least 10-15 years now. The Whoopi Goldberg of my childhood was a true comedienne, one of those people on whom you could always depend to bring the laughs for audiences of all ages. In my university's library, they still had a 90s-era poster of her on the wall from a ad to get people to read more, and whenever I'd pass it, I'd wonder how she went that smiley-faced, frizzy-haired STAR to literally the definition of washed-up has-been. It's sad as hell. Somewhere, at some point, her career and/or life did not turn out the way she hoped it would.

• Members

I'm all for having an open mind and I appreciate people who don't make snap judgments, but I've encountered confirmed contrarians in my personal life and there's nothing more frustrating than someone playing devil's advocate after every.single.sentence. that comes out of your mouth. I was a huge fan of hers too, still am a fan of many of her performances captured on screen, but just like with Rosie O. (hell, even Strasser on her hotline), "getting to know" these celebs "personally" has been detrimental to fandom. And maybe that's really a good thing. The more you know.

• Members

My school had that poster too, wow, that just took me back.

Ever notice how she seems to go out of her way not to laugh at other comedians' (panelists, guests) jokes? She only ever guffaws at guests "on or above" her level.

Precisely!

Edited by SFK

• Members

I've been trying to google that poster for a few minutes, and I can not find it to save my life. In the midst of searching, though, I'm just once again reminded of how far she's fallen. She was literally everywhere doing everything, and the public adored her, but now she's wearing tracksuits to the Oscars and looks like she can't be bothered to wipe her own ass much less entertain somebody.

In regards to Bill...sigh. I've always preferred young, early Bill (I Spy, The Bill Cosby Show era) over the "America's Dad" and "elder of the black community" version. I used to like watching early episodes of The Cosby Show, and my grandma LOVED her some "Cosby" back in the late 90s, so I guess I get the "but think of the legacy!!" reaction so many people are having, but...eh. What value does that legacy REALLY have if this is what has been going on behind the scenes for so long?

I'm going to have a really hard time either avoiding his first sitcom (PERFECT low-key, aid-back late-60s/early-70s comedy) or watching it without feeling total discomfort.

• Members

It is sad. Actually, for the longest time, I thought Whoopi was very likable on The View (then again, when you're on a panel with someone like Elizabitch Hasselbeck...yeah, that's a low bar), and there are times when I think she can still likable and funny, but the fact that she can't let go of this? Nope, not cool. I can't with her anymore. I've never watched Sister Act before (I know, right? Don't judge me.), but I have a cheap DVD copy of it, and part of me still wants to watch it, but part of me can't bring myself to watch any of her stuff right now. I don't know. Her Oscar speech when she won for Ghost is one of my favorites, actually.

Ben's Chili Bowl, the legendary restaurant in DC, is trying to distance themselves with Cosby, who has a long relationship with them:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dcs-bens-chili-bowl-appears-to-distance-itself-from-bill-cosby/2015/07/07/e62ef52c-24d1-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I get off at the U St. Metro station right across the street from Ben's for work, and of course it's a major overrated, often packed landmark. I was just thinking earlier today when someone shared this on Facebook, what if some hipster got the drunken courage to vandalize the mural on a typical booze-soaked U St. Saturday night? He would summarily get the living [!@#$%^&*] beat out of him. Locals won't have Ben's disrespected regardless of their opinions of Cosby. The mural is essentially a bad tattoo at this point. Probably best to cover it up before it attracts such an incident. I think it's very sad that what was such a positive, locally legendary association has been tainted.

Edited by SFK

• Members

SON has been coming for me all summer, and if you think I give a sh!t -- I DON'T, BEWBEW!! laugh.png

What a very creepy way for this conversation to circle back to the topic at hand, though.

I'm seriously gonna run by the university tomorrow or Friday and snap a picture of that poster. It's killing me that it's nowhere online.

Edited by All My Shadows