Bill Cosby

• Members

Goose,cooked.

Bill Cosby admitted in a 2005 deposition that he obtained Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with. He admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman.

The Associated Press went to court to compel the release of the documents, and they were made public Monday. Cosby's lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client.

The 77-year-old comedian was testifying under oath in a lawsuit filed by a former Temple University employee. He testified he gave her three half-pills of Benadryl.

Cosby settled that sexual-abuse lawsuit for undisclosed terms in 2006. More than a dozen women have since accused him of sexually assaulting them. Some believe they were also drugged. Cosby has never been criminally charged, and most of the accusations are barred by statutes of limitations.

Cosby's lawyers in the Philadelphia case did not immediately return phone calls.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6d90b...give-women-sex

Edited by heffer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is as close as he'll get to a conviction, and it's enough for me.

Of course, as I say that it's not about me - it's about the victims, who will never get much justice. So I hope this public shaming will be enough for them.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Deadspin has the documents.

I think many of us never wanted to believe it, which is why I think many turned a blind eye to the vague stories in years prior. I certainly didn't want to believe it; I grew up with Cosby's work, his shows, which hold up. He was America's Dad. But when it all came back to the forefront last year it was too much to bear or deny.

• Members

I really hate it when people minimize death by comparing it to things like this, but to me, this is akin to a death. Just like *that*, it's over, no more... no more chances of reunions, fun interviews, one last shot at sitcoms, films. Not unless it's entirely on his dime, uploaded to his comments blocked YouTube channel or whatever. He'll always have friends, supporters, but Hollywood at large will not make Polanski and Allen-like concessions for him. The sheer number of victims blows that possibility out of the water. I hope he's enjoyed the flowers he's been given thus far, because there won't be (many/any?) more in his lifetime. I do wonder how black media outlets like BET and TV/Radio One, as well as the NAACP (Image) have handled all of this, if there's been a lot of BTS conflict in terms of vocal support vs. condemnation, turning blind eyes...

• Members

Until last year, I hadn't heard any of the allegations against him, but I wasn't surprised he was accused. Something always seemed not right about him and I never was much of a fan of his, The Cosby Show was great, but I never cared for him. He is definitely finished now, there isn't really anyone who will work with him on screen or behind the scenes and the Cosby Show won't be in heavy rotation like it used to be for a very long time, if ever.