Bill Cosby

• Members

And you know what this says? That your'e always having to walk on eggshells around here so as not to have the wrath of the "groupthink" coming down upon you. And tha't's just not right, nor fair. Your opinion is important, and matters just as much as anyone elses, don't forget that. The people that your'e so worried about offending don't give a crap about offending you, I can tell you that much. It's just words on a page, after all... it's not the fight to end world hunger, or the struggle to cure cancer, so don't let it bring you down in any way. Anyone can tell from your postings you're a kind person. Also take note how many times these same people have told me to "have a seat" or "Shut up", meaning I may have a right to my opinion, I just don't have a right to voice it. Everything's fine as long as I stay in the closet. I'll argue a topic till the cows come home, I'm judgemental as all hell... but I almost never tell someone to have a seat, or shut up, because they have a right to voice their opinions, too. (I may have done it a couple of times) But it says a lot about them that can't extend me the same courtesy. To me, that says their arguments aren't as strong as they'd like them to be.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Cosby got another positive response at a California show with one protester out front.
I'll be honest, I don't see the point in protesting his concerts. His fans are going to go anyway and are certainly within their rights to do so. Other people may go just for the curiosity and trainwreck factor so they can say they saw him live after his career had fallen apart. After all, there's a certain bit of pop culture history being made. (My mom still tells me the story of when she went to see Ray Charles the night before he got arrested for possession in Indianapolis. Her perspective is very different from the way it was portrayed in the movie "Ray.")

• Members

I feel for anyone associated with Cosby because this topic is unavoidable for the foreseeable future. I know from personal experience how hard it is to accept that someone you love may have done the unthinkable and it can be torturous embracing the truth while feeling a sense of loyalty... to the person "you know". I'm having trouble with that, "the so-and-so I know." What does that even mean really, how does that even matter? "Well, the Hitler *I* know...", if I'm being extreme. I'd just as soon say, "It's just an awful situation all around, and I'd rather not talk about it." That said, Malcolm handled that very well.

• Members

She makes an excellent point that date rape was not defined or a "thing" in that time. Would the police have believed her story if she would have went to them? How would she describe what happened? It would help to explain why some of these women did not report the rape to police. Makes sense to me...