Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's supposed to be in Sandusky, OH this Friday. The theatre has this announcement on its website:

"Mr. Cosby is a well-respected member of the entertainment community and one of America’s most beloved performers. While we are aware of the allegations reported in the press, we are only in a position to judge him based on his career as an entertainer and humanitarian. The show at The Sandusky State Theatre on January 30 will go on as scheduled."

• Members

Yes, I loved Sea World as well.

Further side note - I actually went to the abandoned Geauga Lake grounds this summer and did some snooping around. It's so sad how empty and desolate it is now. :( The Big Dipper is just sitting there kind of staring at you now, ugh it broke my childhood heart!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well today, Gary Glitter was officially convicted for sexual abuse of girls under 13, a trial that has been pending for quite some time. But yet "Rock and Roll, Part 2" is still played at virtually every sporting event, and will continue to be played. Nobody seems to be calling for a boycott of this song, like they are calling for a boycott of Cosby. And we all know why. Gary Glitter doesn't hold up mirrors to people, and piss people off with his "preachiness".

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I've never heard of Gary Glitter, but a quick Google search shows that his career plummeted with the first allegations, as well as becoming an object of hate in the U.K.

His net worth is $8 million, which is nothing to cry about but Cosby's is $400 million. A net worth isn't a tell-all, but Cosby is clearly a bigger celebrity, at least in the United States.

Most importantly, Gary Glitter is being convicted. Hopefully he will go to prison where royalties from his songs aren't going to do him much good. Cosby's free.

Edited by vote4llama

• Members

So what level of notoriety does one have to attain before they lose their career for personal transgressions? Let's also keep in mind, Cosby is only guilty in the court of public opinion, Gary Glitter is guilty in a court of law, yet his song is still a huge part of american sports culture and remains so... with no complaint from anybody HERE. So people don't know who he is... so ignorance makes it all ok? I see how that works. Stephen Collins is not nearly as famous as Cosby, yet everyone on this board thought it fine he never works again, for the same crimes that Glitter is convicted of. So, when does a child molester's work deserve to keep being heard? As long as YOU haven't heard of them? Is that the litmus test?

• Members

I would expect you to be outraged that a convicted child molester's music is played at every sporting event in the country. You didn't know. Now you do. I know exactly why you don't care. You don't take delight in his downfall nor care that his music is so prevalent in this country because he's not a political or social enemy of yours, that's why. And if he's TOTALLY irrelevant, and NOBODY knows who he is, why is USA today reporting on it?

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2015/02/05/22927573/

Edited by alphanguy74