Bill Cosby

• Members

I'm sure by now he's sucked the life completely out of her. The rapes, the cheating, the general asshattery, etc...I wouldn't be remotely surprised if she's loaded on benzos all day, every day. Clearly access to drugs has never been a problem.

Edited by marceline

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Probably so. I wonder what is behind this? Is having sex with unconscious women a power move/fetish? It can't be about just sex because he could have had any number of willing partners. I guess it doesn't matter. The tragedy is what a devastating effect one predator can have on so many victims.

• Members

Rape is always about power but I'm curious about what it is that's twisted him up so badly that he's been driven to do this for decades. I want somebody to profile the [!@#$%^&*] out of this guy and explain him. What happened in his house to turn him into this? Or was it his time in the military? Or was he just born this way?

There's clearly some very disturbing racial stuff given that he seemed to target white women. (Is there a racial breakdown of his victims somewhere?) That's why it's extra sickening to see white conservatives defend him. These are the same people who celebrate the death of every young black man because they're all thugs and criminals. Yet they are rabidly defending someone who actually does live down to the racist image of the black man just looking for a chance to defile pure white womanhood all because he validates their hatred but they refuse to acknowledge that he IS the thing they hate because they're so busy looking at the kid with the sagging pants. I can't help but think that in Cosby's sick mind that makes it all the sweeter. It's all twisted on so, so many levels.

Edited by marceline

• Members

For some reason, I was under the impression some of the older stories, the older accusers were predominantly black. Here and now these stories are from a flush of white women, but I haven't broken down how many of the victims are what race.

• Members

OMG. I guess it's inevitable that this would turn into some sort of race issue, but this is just sick thinking. He could have had sex with any number of women (of any race) just by throwing some cash around. Instead, he went the drugging route making them helpless. I don't think his motive was racial at all, but hey, I'm not a psychologist.

• Members

Has anyone else from The Cosby Show or any of his other shows other than Raven Symone spoken out about this? (And of course, that one girl on Picture Pages who was underage when she said that incident happened--just very sad).

Did anyone else see Stacey Dash's tweet about how she worked with Cosby when she 19, and how he was a perfect gentleman? (I'm not sure how to copy/paste it here like dragonflies did above, sorry) I mean, if he was, great--as has been said here before, just because a person is capable of unspeakable things doesn't mean everyone will be subjected to it themselves--but it did seem like a subtle way to indicate that she doesn't believe the claims these women have made (and given her political views/who she works for now, that doesn't surprise me).

Oh God.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

This is my opinion on the whole situation. I've never been a huge Cosby fan, I loved the Cosby Show, but I really liked Phylicia Rashad and the supporting cast more than I ever liked Bill Cosby. Supposedly, he stole the idea for the show from another writer, which is a claim that I believe, because his creations for television prior to the Cosby Show were failures, but that's another story.

With that being said, his behavior is totally unsurprising, considering the era his headlining days was in. I have a friend that worked in the industry and she said if she had spoken up back then about some of the behavior from men in the industry, she would have been blacklisted. I've heard rumors that Ronald Reagan committed rape, of course his era was well before Cosby's, but it demonstrates that point that there has always been deplorable behavior in the industry among respected names.

I do think that Bill Cosby was right about some of the comments he's made about culture and that he said what needed to be said, but that doesn't excuse him being a predator, those comments really have nothing to do with his predatory behavior and are completely separate.

What he has built up is this whole "Magical Negro" persona which he and a lot of others believe make him untouchable, which is why he has so many defenders.

Most of the women accusing him of assault are white, which indicates a patterns. Perhaps he didn't bother Stacy Dash because she wasn't his type. Predators do have types.

• Members

I saw an article the other day which noted the Cosby cast's complete silence. It surprised me, since I was under the impression most of them held him in great reverence.

There was a piece specifically about Phylicia Rashad's "distant" attitude, which I have never perceived as such from her re: Cosby but maybe she's more adroit than I realized.

Here's a Daily Beast article which deals specifically in Cosby's relationship to some of the tabloids, which was mentioned in another piece yesterday.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I'll admit, the pictures are pretty damning. But come on... you can't blame people for not believing her at first, since she's such a hot mess and lies with aplomb. I mean, if Julie Andrews were making these accusations, she would have been believed without a second thought.

Edited by alphanguy74