Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is a story I had difficulty reading, and one that goes to the heart of why I think FOX and white conservatives are suddenly lining up to defend Cosby's rep. While I think Cosby once made some valid points, he has, unfortunately, spent much of the last decade-plus (and longer, judging by the linked article) allowing himself to be the stalking horse for white Republican pundits to shame a lot of people. As in, "hey, Bill Cosby said it..."

Tangentially related to the conservative movement issue: Ta-Nehisi Coates' fascinating piece about Cosby and his controversial "call-out" speeches from 2008, which Coates references in his wonderful new article about the allegations which marceline linked a page or two back.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Whenever something like this happens, you tend to have ridiculous knee jerk reaction by people who think that a scandal like this erases ANY good thing the person has ever done, and puts them into a category with Adolph Hitler. I don't know if people really are that stupid, that they can't comprehend that a person can be intelligent, brilliant, and do good things, and be good and caring in SOME aspects of their life, while having a dark side, being deeply flawed, and doing bad things as well. Many people for some reason see everything from this "All or nothing" viewpoint. You embrace the good, and Condemn the bad. Pulling his new show in development I understand, and agree with. But taking his old shows off the air serve no purpose, other than denying the rest of the cast their residuals. What is the point? To make sure nothing good he's done will ever see the light of day again? To try and erase him from our history? It's happened, it's THERE. Suck it up and deal with it, take the good with the bad and move on.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I have a morbid curiosity about what drug he was giving these women. Was rohypnol around back then? I know quaaludes were popular in the 70s but I don't recall hearing that they had this kind of amnesia affect. He was obviously getting these drugs from someone like a dealer or a doctor feelgood. Who was supplying him and with what? That person shares a bit of the responsibility.

• Members

She is a full of crap apologist and enabler. But that's ok, she's the bitch that has to live amongst it. Once she gets her throat cut and carjacked, then she might listen to what Bill had to say.... but WAIT! that's right!! She lives in a town of 40,000 people where there is no ghetto. SURE he's a hypocrite, but that doesn't mean what he said was wrong. Look up the stats of fatherless hosueholds in teh black community from 50 years ago, and then the stats from today, and you'll see the difference. People always try to use hypocrisy to negate someone's argument, and it's total bullshit. If an obese person tells you that fast food all the time and a diet laden in ho-ho's, potato chips and candy bars is bad for you, are they incorrect because they are fat and got no room to talk? People find fault with the messenger cause they' don't want to hear the message. And they don't want to hear the message because they want to be an eternal victim, because theyr'e too effin lazy to turn their own life around.

Edited by alphanguy74