Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My point was this: Alphanguy's joke was disgusting, even in a different league than Joan's. Joan made a tasteless joke about a terrible situation. Alphan tried to discredit a RAPE victim by making a joke about her pedophile father. Disgusting. Michael may have been a known molestor but in this instance the difference was that Joan made a joke about a situation, not a specific person. Alphanguy attempted to use someone's pedophile father to discredit her story of being raped. Repulsive.

• Members

Yes Carl, I went white as a sheet several hours ago when I visited that site totally non-related to the topic at hand and saw that piece about Carla. That's when this scandal became uncomfortably personal. Without going into too much detail/sacrificing my anonymity, one of the Ferrigno children was a close friend of mine when we were in school and I have met Lou and Carla on a few occasions when they'd visit. Their child, my friend, is zero bullsh!t and that's all from mama Carla. I'm too embarrassed to ask her anything directly, and they've made no Facebook statement as far as I've noticed, but if Carla said it, I believe it.

• Members

That's fascinating. I'm sorry that it's hit you personally.

I was also there for another reason and saw it at on the topbar or whatever you call it.

This is such an uncomfortable topic to discuss, and the thread is barely even about the topic at this point, but this is still the only place I even trust people and their opinions. I went to an article about The Cosby Show being pulled and saw nonsense like, "And they keep the Kardashians on the air!!!" People tend to be so blase about something like this if it doesn't happen to them or someone close to them.

• Members

Camille's been with him for 50 years. She's not going anywhere. I have no doubt that she knows exactly who and what he is. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he's pulled this on her a few times and that she's considered his attacks on other women a reprieve. I only hope that she has a journal or something in a safe deposit box that will be released upon her death because I believe we will never hear one word from her in life.

• Members

Cosby never confessed so all we have are rumors at this point regardless of hearsay so I have a problem with the Cosby show being pulled from syndication. This is nothing like Collins where the wife confessed and there's a leaked tape of confessionals. The Cosby show has been in syndication for YEARS and these rumors while they were muted previously is not new. This is condemning the man when nothing is proven.

• Members

I understand people not believing your claim because of fear/shame. That fear will not diminish years later to accuse the individual. Quite the opposite as people are less likely to believe you because of the time lapse. If I was assaulted I sure as hell ain't going to wait 20, 30+ plus years to say I was violated. I know many women do (for their own personal reasons) but it's really suspect when you suddenly have more than ten women claiming they were assaulted decades later because they suddenly realized social media is their friend.

• Members

Bill Cosby is not entitled to be famous. He's not entitled to money or accolades. There have been stories of him being just a general !@#$%^&*] for years. He's also an admitted cheater. For these claims to be false that would mean that 15 women (and counting) would have agreed to be part of a giant decades-long conspiracy where they get nothing out of it (only one ever got paid and the statute of limitations has run out for many of them) and they have their credibility shot going after someone with a rabid fanbase where no one would believe their claims. That strains credulity to the limit. If you were going to gun for someone famous why not go after someone where it would be more believable like Sean Connery or Mel Gibson? I honestly don't know how anybody looks at this situation and thinks that everybody involved is lying.

• Members

The ten women have not come forward. The number of women allegedly assaulted is based on the two or three that have actually publicly spoken over the years and the court case that was settled. It was that court case that included information that ten other women came forward, all anonymously by the way, ready to testify that they had also experienced similar "sexual encounters" with Cosby. It was when this occurred, that a settlement was negotiated, therefore no trial. To my knowledge none of these women have publicly stated anything or come forward, other than one I believe and finally another after her name was disclosed.

This is not court of law. There is no innocent until proven guilty and the statute of limitations on all of these incidents has passed. We are living in the court of public opinion, which at this moment, Cosby is losing.

He's denied the allegations in the past that's fine. He can certainly sue the two or three women who have spoken out for defamation of character if he truly believes his reputation is being falsley tarnished. He has the money to be able to take action, so he does have legal recourse. You tell me if you believe he will do that? Me, I doubt it.

• Members

To be fair, people do alot of things for alot of different reasons. It's not always about money, sometimes it's about attention and getting your 15 minutes of fame. My former neighbor is certainly testament to that. She got her 15 minutes on Good Morning america by being thrown out of a public pool for wearing too revealing a bikini, and to this day, every day she posts a different facebook picture of her damn cleavage so all these strangers can salivate over it, although she abandoned her family and has been living in her CAR. Money has good points, Qfan does as well... but I want to see both sides asked directly about the situation and THEN make a judgement as to who I think is telling the truth. And now that's happened, I don't really believe Cosby. That AP clip really changed things for me. Qfan... I know you brought up O.J., I have always maintained ignorance of jurors is what caused that verdict, not being able to differentiate between REASONABLE doubt, and the shadow of a doubt. There is a big generational difference in this situation, I am a member of another message board where virtually everyone is over 50... I am one of the YOUNGEST on that board, as opposed to here, where I am one of the oldest. And with only one or tow exceptions, EVERYONE on that board share's Whoopi's opinion on the situation. So nobody go thinking what you see on this board is any kind of true gauge on public opinion.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Suing would be a disaster for him. My (admittedly sketchy) understanding of defamation claims is that you have to be able to prove that the thing said about you was done with either 1.) reckless disregard for the truth and/or 2.) intentional malice. The bar for proof is even higher for public figures. Cosby would gain nothing by suing and he would probably only serve to help tee up a counter suit or even a criminal case, assuming there's one out there where the statue of limitations hasn't run out.

Edited by marceline