Bill Cosby

• Members

Whoopi Goldberg is so detestable and disgusting, racing to defend every criminal she can find. 14 women now have come forward and she has questions for the women, and then on a women's talk show to imply there is something fishy because they didn't run right to the police...hasn't Whoopi listened to 20 years worth of Oprah lectures about how often women don't report it?

First it was the dog killer, Michael Vick, and how he being the Eichmann of dogs was a actually a black thing, then it was her idiotic defense of Mel Gibson, and now here she is again. How many times must this woman be wrong before ABC asks her to shut up?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have to disagree with you in this case. Whoopi didn't rush to defend anything, she simply did not rush to judgement, she said she wanted to reserve judgement until she had more facts. She said "I hope that there is justice for this lady, I hope somebody gets to the bottom of this, but I'm gonna reserve my judgement". Whoopi has a cool head, and is an intelligent woman. She's making sense. What I see from the general public, and this outright condemnation before any evidence is brought forth is the same sheep-like, mob mentality that allowed the Salem witch trials to happen, and allowed Adolph Hitler to come to power. People get outraged about something and just lose any brain they had left. In this specific case, you see people pissed that Bill Cosby called out a certain segment of the community for tearing down what his generation marched and died for to achieve, and they are salivating at the thought of bringing him down because they don't want to be "told what to do".... but what they really don't want to do is face up to their shortcomings, and admit their role in their own oppression, which Bill's generation did so much to tear down, and today's generation is trying like hell to build back up out of sheer laziness. Respect is something that is earned in life, you aren't just entitled to it by going around sucking up all the oxygen.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I have a hard time taking Whoopi Goldberg serious whenever it comes to rape allegations because of her own views on rape. She was the one who claimed that Roman Polanski didn't "rape rape" the girl he was convicted of raping I guess because in Whoopi's eyes it's only real rape when the victim is beaten and held down . I don't think anyone here is naive enough to think that there are not opportunists out there, but I will say the same thing about these women as I said about Anita Hill back years ago. What woman would want that kind of publicity, would want themselves subjected to the venom of public opinion for these types of allegations. I won't judge Cosby, we have courts for that, but please keep in mind that several of these women were allegedly raped before it became more acceptable to come forward and even now they can't escape the attacks people are making towards them.

I don't know why the general public has such a disbelief that popular persona's can commit crimes. Just because it's Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski, even Stephen Collins, doesn't automatically make them guilty no, but it also doesn't automatically absolve them.

• Members

Well, when it comes to Collins... we have his admission. That pretty much ends debate on that front. He IS guilty, and deserves all the vitriol that comes his way. Roman Polanski is also guilty, but not as heinous because of extenuating circumstances. I see Whoopi's point, to her, there are different levels of rape, just like there are different level of murder, 1st degree, 2nd degree, and manslaughter. Like it or not, Whoopi differentiates between "forcible rape", and "statutory rape". And I agree with her, anyone who doesn't, to me, has a very simplistic mind.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I've actually been a fan of Burress' for years. He tends towards the absurd in his comedy and some of it lands better than others but I've always liked him. I consider a part of that comedian/social commentator group like Aisha Tyler, W. Kamau Bell, Hari Kondubolu (sp?), and Baratunde Thurston. I doubt he had any idea he would spark such a discussion. He's been telling that joke about Cosby for months. It's telling to me to see people who say "I've never heard of the guy so I don't care what he says." That's about as close-minded and ignorant as you can get.

Edited by marceline