Y&R November Thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lauren, in her younger years, was known for being promiscuous. But that is not an adjective I would use to describe her last 24 years on the show. And certainly not her marriage to Michael. If Michael died, I would be all for her going back to her roots. But to write her having another affair this close to the last one, along with Michael being sick, just seems lazy and nonsensical considering their history as a couple.

• Members

I don't think he is for Lily at all. They might use Lily for a time being to give him some love scenes, but I don't see it being long term. I see Joe with Avery so that they can free up Dylan for another pairing. They are insistent on making SBu'a Dylan work and I think that JFP is very much aware that he hasn't caught on with the audience the way she would like.

• Members

I officially give up on this iteration of Billy. What a mope he is, so blah. It doesn't help that the Chelsea/Billy/Victoria "triangle" is a muddled mess, especially the Billy/Chelsea part. It's so obvious that they're just treading water until Adam comes back. Add in that they have zero chemistry or spark in their scenes and it makes for less than riveting tv. A lot less than riveting. Even Ashley can't save those two.

New dog on the show! Bugatti? is that his name? Cute. But I wonder where Nick is that he is running into this dog that belongs to Grandma, Sage and Adam/Gabriel. At first I thought it was the old Murphy/Billy abode but is it? The appliances look familiar.

Poor befuddled, clueless, confused, Jack. He's like a wind up toy that hits a wall and goes spinning off in a new direction bouncing between Phyllis, Kelley and now Ashley is telling him what to do. So not hot. He and Billy don't have a pair of cojones between them.

• Members

I actually don't mind Kyle coming back but I do hope that they either bring back Blake Hood or Hartley Sawyer even though so many people hated them. Neither one of them bothered me that much and I'd rather see familiar faces than another new face. Plus, Jack needs his son his desperately.

But going to today's episode, my hatred for Summer grows each and every day. Her whining is getting old. Where is Mariah when I need her?! She needs to come chin-check Red Jr. real quick.

Also, I am glad that Abby, who I normally loathe, spread the shade between both parties [Noah & Summer] parents. Neither woman is a saint. Especially murderous Redzilla. When Sharon kills someone and runs people down with a car then we'll talk.

And when did Austin become so pro-Phyllis? I know Summer is his "wife" but Phyllis has been coming for him since she's awaken.

And Nick going into his little box of pain. . . . :rolleyes: Boy, get a grip. You're a major reason why Sharon is the way she is. For someone who claims to love her so much, he sure has done a number [with his family as well] on poor Sharon's psyche over the years. I'd be depressed too.

• Members

See, that's why I think TPTB need to have Fen return and fall under Mariah's spell, to let Summer know there's a new redheaded sheriff in town. Then said sheriff needs to deflower Fen, causing Summer's head to explode while processing it all. Something else needs to happen among this age group of characters besides them fighting their parents' battles.

Before I joined this board and was on another, when Sharon first started acting out like a madwoman, I thought TIIC should just give the woman a brain tumor, not because I thought that would make the greatest storyline but because it was what Y&R could handle, I didn't trust that they could handle anything more complex than a tried and true soap staple. Others disagreed with me. It seemed people didn't want such a clichéd soap trope and were willing to see what would come of the bipoler storyline. Inconsistency and mostly poor writing, would be my answer.

Since TIIC still insist that they are redeeming Sharon, they need to stick to their wheelhouse. I still say, the doctors need to find a benign mass on Sharon's frontal lobe (or whatever part of the brain that determines decision making) that has been slowly but steadily amassing for years. And the doctors will trace it back to the hit she took after being hit by that car after running into the street after learning about Nick and Grace's ONS.

Is it bringing up ancient history? Yep. Is it somewhat hokey? Probably but it's no worse than what Y&R has already done and it would be a quick remedy for Sharon's sullied reputation and it needs to be a physical injury that directly leads back to something Nick did. Yup, I said it (LOL).

• Members

​But would Summer give a reaction for Mariah boinking Fen? I doubt it. She's never really cared for him. She'd more of a reaction if Mariah target Kyle or even Jamie [who I am still pissed that Y&R let slip through their fingers]. I don't know about Fen. I could see her interfering from a friendship aspect but nothing more. Kyle or Jamie would sting more. But it's apparent that she'll probably target Austin to stick it to Summer. Whoever she uses to stick it to Summer, I am all for it. I am sick of her whiny ass. Maybe once this occurs, she'll down a whole bottle of pills [again] and this time succumb to overdosing. :P

Moving on to Sharon, I'd actually be in favor of her having a benign brain tumor for the simple reason it'd make the Newmans and Phyllis look like a bigger group of assholes. And I'd only want it to happen if Sharon went on to win custody of Faith and finally break away from the Newmans once and for all. Nick can grovel over her, I'd want Sharon to stay strong and refuse reconciliation.

Uhh! I hope they don't. But knowing Pratt, he'll eat this up and run with it. He'll make her Annie 2.0. and have her screwing Victor [like Annie did Adam] once again. I'm tired of Sharon going over the rails. She's been going over the rails since 2006. She'd be permanently committed if this was real.

If anyone one the canvas needs to go over the rails, it's Kelly. I want her ass to go nutty and torture Redzilla. That's who I want to go cray-cray.

Archived