Y&R November Thread

• Members

What constant changes are you talking about? You mean aiming for better quality stories?

I don't see the alleged psychologically rich subtext you seem to speak of. It would be laughable if this is over my head yet I have no problem reading Chekhov, Strindberg and O'Neill.

Y&R is not as offensive as it once was and there are times when I can tolerate an episode here or there, but let's not get carried away.

Lots of people may eat McDonalds, but just because over 1 million have been served, I hardly think that means McDonald's deserves Michelin stars.

Okay, I took the bait this time but I'm not going to engage you any further because we clearly won't agree on probably most things concerning the quality of the show.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kind of felt insulted by the comment that something...well...anything on a soap opera could be over my head with its writing.....granted there are storylines that I can not figure the f*ck out because the backstory has been rewritten so many times but too psychological and smart.....hahaha

• Members

It did…lol

First a whole hour of Victoria and now Nick played by awful JM gets his own episode…what a waste a time…and then flashbacks on how ugly he looked as a teen and still does now as a man….those flashbacks of him gave me the chills….nightmare….

It was nice seeing Amy but to bring her back for this?? What a waste!!

• Members

How about Nick swigging from a pint of liqour while chopping wood with an axe - clearly his toes have a death wish.

I thought the epi was good soapy fun. Maybe they borrowed a bit from The Shining, with the dog playing the part of the bartender. I think at one point Nick even said "Here's Johnny!" and when Sharon, Phyllis, Avery and Grace came after him they looked like Dracula's brides. The only part that went over my head was when Avery said "My cupcakes are spectacular". So deep.

At least he's taking the time to think for a change. Plus he's hot. I'll watch Nick take a romp down memory lane anyday over watching Billy, Chelsea, Victoria and Stitch play who's the most unconvincng character or Hillary and the loathsome Devon screw over Neil.

• Members

He shipped Hilary and Neil in a loud, brash, and offensive sort of way. Attacking people on twitter and calling those who didn't want Hilary paired with him bitter females on his facebook. Apparently, he has learned a little something. One being that it is not in his best interest to be paired with every PYT of color that comes onto the show.

• Members

First of all, KSJ where was all this chutzpah when VR was fighting for the direction of the entire Winters clan? Had he opened his mouth and stood in numbers with VR, he could be having good stories like he did back in 05-06--the last years that Neil had GOOD story. He is one actor that I hate to see bitching on social media because had he backed VR, he could've possibly ignited changed on Y&R and daytime in general.

And of course he wants a Dru-type character back because Dru carried Neil for years. Neil was never a good stand alone character. He was/is always carried by someone more interesting. Whether it be Dru, Olivia, Malcolm, and now Hilary. Neil is a dud by himself. I can't say I feel bad for KSJ. He's peeved b/c he's learning now that a closed mouth does not get fed....

• Members

I do feel bad for him. I think time and change have shown him that he was wrong in how he dealt with VR and issues in the past. But that's only because he doesn't have the stronghold over "the black storyline" like he used to. I truly think he was content with that.

• Members

Me too. I was desperately struggling to be diplomatic in my response because I didn't want to be seen as starting anything. I started to write something else but deleted it.whistling.jpg

I know it's become common for Y&R actors to air out grievances on social media but I wonder whether this is the best way? Maybe as a last resort but has KSJ ever considered asking some question of TPTB concerning the direction of his character?

It's kind of ironic that in very subtle ways, he's now parroting a lot of the ideas that VR was talking about years ago. VR and others asked why a Stanford educated person with the type of business experience that Neil has is not a major corporate player running his own company. Years later, KSJ is retweeting tweets about this very same idea.

I also think he finally sees what so many have known since the beginning of the Hillary/Neil pairing: that Neil was destined to look foolish in this pairing. Kind of sad that he's only now beginning too understand this.

• Members
KSJ has said several times on twitter that he has requested that Neil own his own corporation but has been denied. He is now asking fans to campaign for it to happen. Unless he gets louder on these issues like VR, it will never happen now.

Neil was played as having a mid-life crisis with Hilary. Why KSJ thought the pairing was anything other than that escapes me.

Archived