Y&R November Thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neil can't invite Sofia and Moses for Thanksgiving? DAMB. Olivia? Isn't Dr. Nate allegedly working at the hospital still? And what happened to the non-characters of Leslie and Barton? As Suzanne Sugarbaker might've said, "THERE'S NO BLACK PEOPLE COMING TO DINNER!"

• Members

Well someone has to feel bad for him but I don't. He didn't want to make waves when he had the numbers. Now it is too late. Especially since soaps are practically on lifeline. Now there will never be changes made onscreen and off. We're going to see the same mess until each one of the final four shows meet their demises.

Furthermore, I always felt that KSJ felt that by keeping his mouth shut that it'd benefit him in the long haul. It didn't. His story decreased immensely once Dru left. Now Neil is reduced to a 'talk to' and a joke like poor Jill. Once Hilary and Devon are officially paired together, Neil is going to fade into the background. Possibly for good IMO.

high_five_stephen_colbert.gif

I think it is ironic too and also somewhat get back. He practically gave VR his ass to kiss when she called in on his interview [with Eddie Winslow] on The Foxxhole. She was speaking truth and trying to help him but he chose to ignore her. All she asked for was for him to back her--she'd be the voice but he opted not to. I also remember her saying that she fought for the Winters to get a bigger set because Neil should be living in a manor like the Newmans, Abbotts, and Chancellors. He should not be living in some rinky dink apartment [alongside Neil getting his own company]. KSJ supposedly didn't back her in that either.

And as I said above, once Neil is made the fool this time, I only see it going downhill for him. I personally don't see Neil recovering once Devon & Hillary are paired together. Who are they going to pair him with? I doubt they are going to cast another AA woman to come on and save Neil. And they definitely aren't going to pair him with any of the black women. Neil is going to set aside, only being brought out when it is necessary.

Eff that murderous slag! Sharon should've reached in and snuffed that pole riding, Lizzie Borden, drunken, trash box from the bayou.

He should've opened his mouth when VR campaigned for it. Sad part is that she campaigned for HIS character to come up. Not her own. That would've given HIM more stories--more beneficial to him. Betcha he's learned that strength comes in numbers. . . .

Sofia and Moses are practically nonexistent along with Olivia. And Nate was just a plot point all those years ago. In my mind, Nate and Olivia are either at John Hopkins or the CDC doing big things. Not at some sh*t hole hospital in GC.

And Leslie is nonexistent now that we have Martha Stewart Avery in town. Leslie, her new hubby, and Tyler were given the shaft once she was no longer needed. Their story was practically given to their white carbon copies--Ben & Kelly. :rolleyes:

• Members

Clearly, the writers will never give more than one Winters storyline at a time. Only one can get the focus. Right now, it is Devon. He is being pushed to the forefront. I fear that this signifies that they have given up on trying to make Neil work to focus on what they perceive is working in Devon (and Hilary). Kristoff has been around long enough to feel this shift in the air. They can still find a role on canvas for Neil other than a black stallion every WOC in town must ride. But, it will be supporting (to Devon and Lily) and I am not sure his ego will survive it.

• Members

I think I remember that interview where VR asked why Neil was living in a kitchenette.ph34r.pngtongue.png

Don't worry, in 2 years Y&R will SORAS the kid and she'll come back with some strange new name like Zoe.wink.png

The lighting for Y&R is abominable. Can't they fix it? Victoria looks like she has permanent bags under her eyes. And it's every time I see her now.

• Members
As if Dru would ever blame Devon. She might tell him some hard truths but at the end of the day, Hilary will have seduced Devon an would be the blight that must be eradicated from her family. And that probably would never happen unless TPTB decided to pair Devon elsewhere to fuel Dru's rivalry with another female lead. Summer and Phyliss, perhaps? But I doubt that very seriously. They would bring Daniel back for Lily first.

I would love VR to return but I don't need it. I would be more than happy with a recast Dru.

Archived