Y&R November Thread

• Members

Dru doesn't need to be recast.

Neil needs an age appropriate romance with an actress Kristoff has chemistry with.

Tricia Cast's Nina would be a perfect choice & would provide story for Devon and Jill.

Neil, Nina & Jill should be working together to liberate Chancellor from Newman with help from Devon, Hilary & Chance with Lauren & Billy caught in the middle (divided between family loyalty & their relationships with Victor).

That would provide YEARS of in character story for all characters involved & keep the Chancellor family relevant.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will never understand why people are so against a Dru recast and yet, make fun of other viewers who are against other recasts. The entire Winters clan suffer from not having Dru. Lily and Devon needs a mother to play those beats and Neil needs a long term pairing that viewers care about with history with other characters on the show. While Nina has history, she is not Lily and Devon's mother. But you know what, I'll take that if it means a recast Chance as a rival for Devon and a new romance for Lily. May Cane and that clown Colin both die or get deported. And it does keeps Chancellors relevant but I don't give a damn about that so...

• Members

If you're going to take my quote out of context (uh, how in hell did you get that idea what from what I posted?huh.png ) at least have the decency to include the identity of the original quote. My quote had nothing to do with whether or not Drucilla should be recast or the character brought back, it had to do with Neil's currently dismal storyline and whether KSJ could have shown some backbone a few years ago and lobbied for a stronger written character.

Don't misuse my words and draw some ridiculous conclusion from it and then go off on some tangent.mad.gif I have no problem with you writing an opinion but at least defend it properly--don't insult other people's intelligence by (mis)using someone else's random quote that has nothing whatsoever to do with what you're talking about. Go back and read the thread.rolleyes.gif

• Members

The bottom line is that this story is for Devon/Bryton and finally making him a leading man - it's not about Neil and that's OK. He's had 20+ years - Bryton has never had a real 'romantic' story (under 5 girlfriends don't count). And I completely agree with the bizarro Winters home. At least move him into Tucker's old penthouse or something like that. It was same with Olivia. Really, successful doctor in GC, can't afford a nice home - especially someone as warm and home-centered as Olivia - no way would she settle for apt living. I know they were trying to do by having a more 'city' couple, but those place come nowhere near - Lauren's (definitely below her salary grade) or even the loft that JT was in. C'mon I hope Y&R decides to upgrade them

• Members

So tragic. Feel terrible for KSJ and his family. It took a lot of courage for them to raise the mental issue issue. I know for family experience that our society and health system are filled with shame and not enough resources for people to get help. (Just look at insurance plans and caps. Nothing changed under ACA, which was a missed opportunity.) Truly tragic.

Archived