Y&R November Thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could've done without today's episode. Y&R has been decent as of late but I guess the show is about to hit a downward slope yet again. Victoria, Billy, or Stitch should NEVER drive story. Or be in a triangle together. These three suck the life out of the show. Stitch should've been tossed in Sharon or Ashley's orbit from the start. And Billy should've been written off when TPTB stupidly decided to get rid of David Tom. And I pray, wish, and dream every day that Victoria meets a bloody demise.

• Members

wow, for the first time since MAB's first year at YR the show is actually fun to watch (mostly) almost in a matter of a few weeks. Gina as Phil, Justin as Adam, Scott and Joe, Sally Kellerman, the chick from GH, Merideth Baxter, all of them are great additions and the stories around them are good or have lots of potential. The reintroduction of Adam is classic gothic soap, part Bill Bell (remember Vanessa and the veil) and part Henry Slesar/Edge of Night. Sally Kellerman is awesome and could be the new Kay. Love the set too. Michael's prostate dancer story has made me like CLeB again. Major clunkers that still need a radical makeover: Vickie's triangle (nuBilly just doesn't cut it and Sean/Stitch cannot act his way out of a paper bag). The Devon triangle is fairly awful and Neil's blindness needs to end stat. I totally think they should do a romance between drunk Nikki and Gabriel/Adam. Loving Phyllis reading Summer. The Austin character not sure he can be saved. Love Cassie twin too but she needs strong story.

It took Phelps two years which is kind of inexcusable but Sony is to blame for hard ball negotiations that caused the loss of the Billy Miller and MS.

• Members

I think her dying would've at least given Nikki a LEGIT reason to drink this time.

Of the people you mentioned, Gina is the ONLY one bringing it IMO. Meredith is a good actress but her character is stupid and no one cares that she killed her husband and let Stitch take the fall. Joe is creepy [even though SE is sexy]. An nuAdam is meh.

I am actually like Devon/Hillary I just hate that dumbass Colin is being inserted in this story. I'd rather Lily had found out and dangled it over Hillary's head for the longest till Neil regained his eyesight and lashed at everyone for betraying him. And Nikki and Adam would be a gross pairing and OOC as those two hate each other. Nikki getting with Adam after everything he did to her children and Victor would be detrimental to her character, and Nikki is already on her last leg as it is. . . .

Austin would've been compelling had the writers simply made him Sasha Green's son/brother/nephew. He should've went after Phyllis when she woke up instead of Avery. And Mariah's story would've been better had the show made Ian more menacing and actually had her genuinely care for Sharon instead of betraying her time and time again.

• Members

Yes. These people should be able to know when Nikki drinks. Especially Victor.

But the best alcoholism story I've ever seen done on soaps was Felicia's on Another World in the early 90s. She had a real reason why she fell off the wagon [another husband, Lucas, the love of her life] died. And her drinking had real repercussion that affected her entire family. She ruined her friendships with Cass and Rachel, and she inadvertently caused her adopted daughter, Jenna, to miscarry.

• Members

Can someone update me on Nick and Sharon. Im viewing now and I see they are broken up and Sharon is fighting Avery about Sharon breaking her and Nick up. And Nick is suing her for full custody? What secret came out and how did it come out? Exactly who is Summer's father?

• Members

Nick is Summer's dad. The secret about Sharon switching Summer's paternity test [which I HATE] came out, and Jack is no longer Summer's dad rolleyes.gif. Phyllis revealed the deed in normal dramatic fashion--at the scene of the crime, which didn't do her any favors either. And Nick is suing for full-custody of Faith.

And ain't nobody checking for Avery's slutty-duddy ass. That trash blew into town hell bent to screw her sister over, so her coming for Sharon is pointless.

• Members

Victor's test proved that Nick was match with the subject [summer]. Victor thought he had stolen Faith's brush [as Mariah told him that Faith might not be Nick's], but it was indeed Summer's brush.

Only plus side to all of this is that it seems like Dylan might be tossed into Sharon's orbit when all of this goes down--the pairing he should've been in from the start!

• Members

Yes she was. That scene where she was drunkenly calling for help when Jenna was miscarrying is so good. Along with the scene when they staged the intervention. Cass [steven Schnetzer], Rachel [Vicky Wyndham], Lorna [Alicia Coppola] and Felicia in that scene was so golden. I wish that they all had won EMMYs that year.

No one can play drunk like Linda Dano. I feel like her story/scenes [along with Linda Gray of Dallas] should be mandatory for actors to watch before trying to play drunk.

So funny. Two Linda's that know how to play drunk. MTS, take note.

• Members

Today's ep is far better than the last several days....probably because Victoria and the baby drama is m.i.a.

I enjoyed the Sharon/Avery and Sharon/Dylan scenes. Always enjoy Lauren and Michael.

I can see what good potential this storyline of Joe's taking over the coffeehouse for new construction could be if it were allowed to run its course but I have a feeling it will change. Pulling Lauren/Jill into the mix for being on the side of the new construction with Michael the lawyer against Avery, Dylan, and now Nick offering to help. I'd love to see this pull people in and take sides instead of all these stand alone stories.

Archived