GH: Vet bumped to recurring

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just another example of Ron putting aside a consistent fan favorite to pay for and prop "his" cast. Just because an actor is from another show doesn't mean we want them here. "His" General Hospital is further and further away from the show most of us have enjoyed for decades. I understand that every show eventually needs to bring in new blood, but Cartini's GH is like the land of Misfit Toys..."Your show won't pay to keep you, we will, at the expense of the actors and actresses that have entertained us for years.

He has dumbed down Anna and Tracey to the point of.... his PopUp appearances of vets is only to show they are around, once a month.

Why is it so difficult to mine characters backstories and keep these characters relevant, rather than OVEREXPOSE a bunch of characters that the audience has no reason to care for?

The fact that most of the action in many characters stories happens off screen shows that Cartini don't care about the fans. Their need to use POP CULTURE references to show us how clever they are has gotten over used, and just plain annoying.

THANKS A LOT RON!!!!!!!!!!!!mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif !

Now, JJY is off contract, yet Killer Griller Filler Miller will be on non stop until until it's time to prop their next flavor of the month, and we lose yet another favorite to once[if that] a month appearances

• Members

When i saw the subject line about a VET, my first thought was Monica. Although i don't know if she is recurring or a regular. Lord knows we haven't seen much of her in the past maybe 10 (or more) years. Not since they had a producer who decided to kill off Quatermains. I know she's on a little more now but not like before.

They even missed a perfect opportunity with the whole first date thing but they just used her to feul the Maxie Jones storyline. I thought that was sad. As she said, it was her first date since the first Bush administration when she and Alan were breifly divorced. But i guess we should be happy to see her in any kind of screen time.

Sory to hear about John J York, but if you had asked me yesterday, i would have already said he was a recurring character considering he hasn't really been "front burner" in years.

• Members

Yeah, she's been off contract since 2010 if I'm recalling it correctly. When Garin Wolf was HW back in 2011 he brought LC back in a more prominent capacity and it sort of stuck for her.

Frank Valentini, for all that can be said about him, is very accustomed to working with difficult people. I'm sure whatever LC told him off about was a drop in the bucket compared to what he's dealt with before.

Archived