Stephen Collins (Eric Camden from 7th Heaven) admits to child molestation on tape

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hollywood is full of perverts like him. If there wasnt audio evidence many of these same people would be defending. Luckily I was never a fan so this doesn't affect me. I hope the statute of limitations has not passed so he can be prosecuted.

• Members
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>7TH HEAVEN Removed from UP TV Over Stephen Collins Molestation Scandal <a href="http://t.co/nCroFMa9Pm">http://t.co/nCroFMa9Pm</a></p>&mdash; Michael Ausiello (@MichaelAusiello) <a href="
7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Members

I was never a fan of the show, I wasn't sure at the time but I found certain aspects off-putting. I'd only seen it a handful of times but I remember seeing on the 10 o'clock news one night, they were making a big deal out of Jessica Biel leaving the show to do movies that they termed as some sort of risqué role. I don't know but it was like the Lisa Bonet leaving the Cosby show thing all over again. I think Biel even posed for a magazine cover and the news channel WPIX, which aired 7th Heaven seemed to be trying to draw comparisons. I don't know why but I remember thinking 'good for her' when I saw the story.

The show was far from top notch in writing or acting but I can appreciate that for many is was a show that provided them with comfort. I didn't like 7th Heaven but I'm not going to knock those who did (snob, though I may be).

I don't know if people on Twitter are being overly dramatic when they say that they feel that a piece of their childhood has been taken from them but I can't help but feel a little sad hearing that.

Maybe I'm just in a mood today, I don't know.

And now, that I think about it, most of that sadness is likely for those victims.

As much as Woody Allen turns my stomach, the one variable in his story is he was always off putting and weird and we were spared from seeing him as any sort of moralizing, thank goodness he never played a Reverend.

Update: Wow, I just saw that 7th Heaven has been removed from a TV network's lineup. Folks aren't messing around!! Events are shaping quickly. I wonder what his former co-stars think?

• Members

They are ruthless, not afraid to break the law and they pay well. In cases like this and the NFL "cover up" I bless them for it. When they expose people's personal laundry that doesn't hurt anyone else, less so. Guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Wasn't she slightly underage when she did that? It's been a long time, but I think that's were the controversy stemmed from. I remember one of my male friends telling me he got a thrill out of that cover for that very reason. I was disgusted, but since he was only like 22 at the time it didn't seem as pervy as it could have.

• Members

I was too cynical to ever really care for 7th Heaven that way but i would watch now and then for Jessica Biel's character, the oldest son, and the dumb son Simon.

This def will destroy a lot childhoods though. He always seemed goofy and off to me on the show so not surprised but it is sad how one by one all the things people used to have faith in are just crumbling....kinda depressing.

• Members

Wow, really? I had no idea, I didn't even know magazines could do that! You're right though, it's been a long time and I was probably only half listening to the news broadcast and simultaneously wondering why it was on the news, although if she was underage, that does sort of rate as news, I guess.

Is this show currently in syndication? I know there's money on the table and bound to be money lost. I'm still wondering what his former co-stars are thinking right now...

Archived