Stephen Collins (Eric Camden from 7th Heaven) admits to child molestation on tape

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most people who commit suicide are suffering from severe depression. If anything causes their loved ones more pain, it's people throwing around words like "coward" into the mix. It's not terribly productive.

When someone like Stephen Collins commits suicide to avoid facing up to his actions, it's a very different thing.

• Members

If what his ex wife is saying about him being glad they had a boy not a girl cause he wouldn't be able to resist giving her oral sex, why did she stay with him? I agree with Sharon Osborne, if my husband said that I'd have stabbed him.

I believe the claims are true, but I also don't believe his soon to be ex released this out of the goodness of her heart either

• Members

Are you kidding me?!! That is completely sick. Doesn't his wife know that she looks just as bad now for not coming forward sooner when she knew he had these proclivities? She definitely released this info to get the upper hand in the divorce, but her reasons don't really matter to me. I'm just annoyed she didn't do it sooner. She clearly had an idea something was wrong, imo.

• Members

Exactly, dragonflies. I just caught that on The Talk. What a piece of work she must be, why the, HOW the hell could a mother stay with a man who would say such a thing? I pray that her motives were emotional and not financial.

• Members

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/08/showbiz/stephen-collins-molestation-probe/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

From that article:

"The gist of it is this: A relative of Collins' first wife went to police in November 2012 and told them she was sexually assaulted by Collins when she was 14 years old while inside his New York apartment, a senior law enforcement official told CNN on Tuesday evening.

Due to the statue of limitations, he can't face charges in the case. There are specific laws in child sexual abuse cases in New York that do allow for an extension of the statute of limitations, but even with that, this particular case against Collins can't be prosecuted, the official added.

Now, the investigation continues to see if there might be any other women with similar allegations, the source said. (In New York, a person has five years from their 18th birthday to make an accusation of sexual abuse to authorities.)

Los Angeles police said they received information two years ago regarding allegations of criminal behavior. The case is no longer active, LAPD spokesman Andrew Neiman said.

"No crime report was ever made and there was no verified victim," he said."

• Members

I hope that some good will come from all this by him speaking out. Instead of just crucifying a "monster" I think it's important for the public to know what if anything in his childhood or general past contributed to his illness. Maybe he was abused as a child, maybe he was not. But he is clearly sick as no normal adult feels such things let alone speaks them aloud so casually.

Archived