Stephen Collins (Eric Camden from 7th Heaven) admits to child molestation on tape

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I'd rather not accept it as a part of life that there are people who prey on others and we just have to know how to deal with it. Yes, we need to educate people on how to escape these situations, but we also need to actively seek ways to prevent them.

For me, it falls under the same banner as rape. We teach young women how to defend themselves, but we also need to teach men to not be rapists. No one is born a predator.

• Members

I'm less sure about that than you are. In some cases it's definitely a cycle, but pedophilia also seems an out right compulsion in some people. It doesn't seem like psychiatry has had a ton of success in treating it either.

There was a point in my teens when I was surround by friends and cousins who were victims. I only escaped my uncle (I was 8) when he was trying to teach me to play golf rolleyes.gif by putting his hands as far up my thighs as he dared, when one of his adult daughters saw and insisted I come inside.

Lucky for me, he lived in another state and the next time I saw him, I understood what he was. He never faced legal consequences for what he did to his kids. I know of at least 5 other men in the town I grew up in (Population around 1,000) who never faced charges.

As far as teaching young men not to be rapist, that might work on a certain number of guys who are date rapists. I doubt it would work on guys who have a sadistic streak as part of their psycho-sexual makeup. I'm all for trying, but I don't really believe psychiatry has any idea how to 'fix" these people right now. So as of this point, I'm mostly for identifying these people and locking them up for as long as the law allows, which tends to be not all that long.

• Members

we live in a rape culture.

its why when reporting or talking about cases like this its child molestation, allegedly - not rape.

or why when a woman is raped people wonder what her behaviour before was, or what she was wearing.

look at this case, already people are saying well how did this tape come out. does it matter? should it?

look how beloved and iconic michael jackson still is. just like with famous people, family and friends turn a blind eye instead of reporting. its easier.

• Members

People do that even with non famous people. Like I said, I knew a ton of people in my small town that were guilty, but it was covered up. I think when it's someone in the family, it's partially shame and partially that the people in the family still love the offender.

I saw it completely destroy my best friend's life when her parents believed her much older brothers over her at first. Once they did believe her they never took her side, all they wanted was to keep her from telling anyone. She turned into an angry and bitter person. Still makes me sad to think about it.

• Members

Here's the quote... ewwww! http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/08/stephen-collins-oral-sex-child-molestation-daughter-boy-penis/

"The comment you made just before I gave birth to our daughter when you said you hoped we didn't have a little boy, because 'you just didn't know if you could keep his little penis out of your mouth' was indication enough that you were sick ..."

Archived