GH: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I know everyone says Bobbie talked about him being a doctor at the NB last year, but I am yet to find a video or transcript of this. I don't think it actually happened.

As for Lucas's exit a million years ago... well that I have no clue about.

I did like the Lucas/Brad/Bobbie scenes today. More of that please.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just glad they've done these Spencer-Jones family scenes - using Lucas, Bobbie, Carly, Maxie, etc. like they did these last few days is organic soap storytelling, and it's a rarity on this show with anyone but the C or D-list players during a filler week. They were comfortable, cozy scenes and everyone was on point, especially Ryan Carnes, who I think, along with LW, made the others feel at home (especially Jackie). These are all family and extended family (Maxie included - she has old, old ties to Bobbie and Lucas) who have long history together and who should be having those conversations they've been having. The stuff with them and with Lucas is also the first time Jackie Zeman has looked comfortable in her skin performing in ages.

I maintain that Ben Hogestyn's Lucas talked about going to med school like his father years ago, and that Bobbie referenced at least once prior to her return in 2013. If Ron is finally acknowledging it, good; if the continuity is wonky on how it's brought up, well, that's Ron.

• Members

Yesterday wasn't good or bad. It was just something filling the time slot. No heart or soul at all - just characters prepping the viewers for a big flop/event.

While I ff FrankenTodd, Heather and Nina, the others were opening their mouths but saying nothing. And Olivia! These "writers" don't even know how to organically pen a conversation for 2 characters who've known one another for 6 damn years! Olivia starts her conversation off with "you have the hots for Sonny". WTF does that?!

Would have liked Lucas/Brad/Bobbie better had JZ toned it down some. And who's cutting Brad's hair these days? Stevie Wonder with help from his assistant, Ronnie Milsap?

• Members

Not only did that idiot deny it, moRon insisted he never penned anything remotely suggesting Lucas was in the medical profession. Now, not only is Lucas in the medical profession, he's a damn doctor? Huh? Of course now Lucas has a secret of some sort [who doesn't] but if he yells at Bobbie like that again, especially in the presence of a guest, I will reach thru the TV and kick him in the damn throat!

• Members

QShTbfI.png?1

Did someone fart?

Why is Ava just laying on the couch downstairs with the blinds open? Considering she is supposed to be in hiding, her ass should be upstairs with the blinds closed

Sonny plotin to break a psycho out of a maximum security asylum is about the stupidest thing this show has done all year

• Members

It was said in dialog way before Ron showed up that Lucas was supposedly a Doctor or/and he was in med school in Seattle. I thought he was a doctor Ron doesn't know WTF he's talking about ..Even though he's butchered most of it GH had a 50 year history before his hack-ass showed up. Just because "he didn't write it" doesn't mean that wasn't Lucas' story in accordance to the show.

I can get proof if needed from this group I belong to who are GH historians. He was definitely in the medical profession; there was a lot of discussion about it on boards. But I don't get into all that I know what I saw and what I heard if people say it never happened so be it.

As for today's show I tuned out as soon as it started there's that idiot talking about a baby, baby baby so I bounced. I don't care Nina is stealing Ava's baby. Nor do I feel sorry for Ava if she does. Just sorry Donna Mills came back for some baby crap. I did manage to catch some of Rosalie and Nate's scenes and he's just as awful as ever.

But he's pretty to look at.

Franco looks messy and is dire need of a makeover.

• Members

I remember Ben Hogestyn's Lucas talking about wanting to go off to med school like Tony. I believe it was discussed again in passing by Bobbie after he left the show, and possibly in 2013 when she returned. I swear to you all I am not hallucinating.

Archived