GH: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
DEAD.

I can't wait to see how moRon pulls a Nina redeem out of his hat, if it happens. No one seems to know how long Stafford is around for. Maybe the character is just going to be a loon? Never worry, he will find a way to drag Nina into 2015 and beyond I'm sure.

Mo needs to follow Geary to retirement. Lord such bad acting. When Bryan Craig outshines you, and that isn't saying much, you have a problem.

Enjoyed the wedding from hell for the most part. Joss is great. Let's get rid of Spencer and Emma and their parents [well, Patrick can stay and Robin should have left town with her daughter]. Cameron and Joss can interact. Carly's daughter and Liz's son. However with Spencer, I won't lie, I did laugh when he thanked Carly and Bobbie for having him. He delivered that sort of well. But it's just overall too hammy for me. Tone it down and it may not be so bad. I like his quiet scenes with Tyler Christopher.

I always like Anna and Dante in scenes together. Finola works well with Dante and Nathan. I see Duke pops up on Monday.

LOL at Liesel "taking out the trash". So does this lead to Jason living with Liz?

• Members

Been looking at Billy Miller's scenes of GH on Youtube because I can't be bothered to watch the entire show, it's too messy and chaotic to watch live, with not a single string of coherency to stream it together. Might I say that BM and KeMo have a spark of chemistry together? This might be interesting, I liked his chemistry with Rebecca Herbst a bit better -- but I can definitely see him working with both actresses. Good God, I really don't want to get sucked back into GH as it currently is but this casting coup may be the best thing to happen to the character of Jason since his brain damage. My God -- there is so much personality and life enthused within the role that I can't help but like him and want to learn more about him. The difference is night and day here. Please never hire Burton back again, if Y&R ever fires him please let him sulk in Nashville.

• Members

As Donna Mills said, Nina is off her meds. That will be Ron's escape hatch for her, but she will continue doing terrible things and being a drain on the show, just like Franco. This is his last great hope for RH - putting him with Stafford. "A pairing of superstars!"

• Members

IA I spec that the meds, after effect of the coma will be her redemption card. Its easy to see that's where they will probably go with this Ron isn't a deep writer he writes very basic soap opera.

I watched an epi of GH yesterday to see what all the hoopla was about Jordan....and, what the heck is going on with MS. There was no scenery left after that show was over. She needs to take it down more than a few notches.

I can not stand MS on GH sorry Nina can pack up and leave tomorrow and I wouldn't miss her...however I haven't been able to see GH this week so I have a lot of catching up but I have seen clips.

• Members

Its hard for me to get a gauge on how bad Guza is because of Frons influence micro managing in changing scripts and dialog etc. I wasn't paying attention to writers when Guza was HW without Frons influence...but the only thing I can say about Guza is he was horrible but I could follow his stories. I can't follow Ron's writing that' why I bailed out of OLTL after a time during his tenure. I'm only putting myself through this because after watching GH for so many decades its hard just to shut it down completely...I still am attached to the show.

• Members

Even though I don't like GH at the current moment, I can at least say that GH is in a much better position to be salvaged then it was under Guza. Guza pretty much destroyed the entire show and salted the earth with his stories to the point where it felt like GH had died and nothing could save it from the brink of almost certain death. Cartini for all of the things he did wrong, introduced new stories and expanded the canvas enough that there are ideas to run with that could feed story for the show, for potentially another 2-3 years to come. If another writer would come in after Cartini I have no doubt that they would have something to work with, which is something that couldn't be said for any other writer post Guza. I can definitely see a world where GH will be airing in 2016/17, which I couldn't see beforehand back in 2011 and 2012.

Cartini has brought back a vitality and possibility to GH that I thought no longer existed. I would say one of Cartini's biggest problems now is that there is simply too much on GH and the show feels too crowded and the pacing has suffered for it. It's horrible -- so much so that there is just too much chaos happening. No story can be given the proper time to breath and have real impact which makes the show hollow and not worth any real investment, but the ground work is there. We really just need a show runner who can tone him down and slow everything down to a reasonable pace. In terms of potential, I really think GH has the most out of all the 4 soaps on air now to be the best and most interesting show. It's just not utilizing it in any important way.

• Members

See, to me, we all have a bit of hypocrite in us. Sonny and Ava are no exceptions. The problem is that you have a clown of a serial killer who jokes about "the tumor did it" being morally superior to the woman who cheated on him. That's just ridiculous and the wrong angle to take with this "SL".

Archived