GH: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its the one year anniversary of the triangle! Of course they would come back full force for Halloween. Their dialogue is so inappropriate, like Spencer talking about his wedding to Joss

And Emma looked super annoying in her costume. I wanted Joss to punch her for looking so stupid

• Members

I just don't see anything too broad or cartoonish with Billy Miller as the amnesiac Jason. I think if anything he brought it way down to play off Laura Wright very calmly, the way Jason always did with Carly. He could've gone big like what he is best known for, he didn't.

I think he's been playing a very nice, easygoing, human guy, fairly similar to Jason Q, which is what all of Jason's many traumatic brain injuries over the years constantly threatened to make him into again, though they never did - until now. I don't think he is even remotely hamming it up or going big. I think he's doing a good job playing a good guy, and if they want to completely remake Jason from the emotionless, braindead killer he's been for almost 20 years that is fine by me.

• Members

I don't "hate" his work in the role, I just think he's basically doing what he was paid to do - the Billy Miller Special.

Jason Q was boring, but he was, in some strange way, soulful, sincere, and grounded and strong. Burton was good at this type of thing before he just stopped caring altogether about fifteen years ago.

Miller isn't that type of performer. He's got two modes - "look at me" and "bored now." He can't project any type of strength or sincerity. It's not in his acting DNA. Never was.

And that's the typical "Cartini" casting, so he's just doing what the checks tell him to do. I can't really complain.

And as on Y&R, everyone will love him and act like he saved the show and saved daytime. Same script, different soap.

Archived