GH: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ned looked more threatening than Jillian. He's such a joke as a mobster. William deVry is terrible playing a scary, threatening mobster. And Jillian's obsession with Alexis is becoming a bit much. And her character is a complete mess because Nancy wants airtime.

Ava in labor for like a week was tedious and boring. They make her a villain then redeem her, it's a constant back and forth that's getting tired. Maura West has been looking fantastic lately though. Morgan and Kaka can take a flying leap. They do nothing for me and I'm also very tired of Michael, who's ever only interesting when AJ is around, be it in person or in spirit like now.

I'm not hating Miller as nuJason, but Liz so thirsty over him is already old. Dr. O as chief of staff remains completely ludicrous especially because they keep reminding us of everything she's done.

Why does Anna seem so bothered and bitchy towards Michael? lol. Finola sometimes plays things very weird IMO. Anna can come off awful at times.

And with Jerry's (talk about tired) involvement in the Puke/Fluke story-that-will-never-end, it's now become even more convoluted. All it is them dragging this out because Geary wasn't back yet. And Tracy remains a moron. I've always hated her with Luke and this story just 100% backs my hatred of them as a couple. They should have stayed partners-in-crime/friends, or even maybe friends with benefits, but the loves of each other lives? Um, no.

Can we not with the contrived Danny/Patrick daddy crap? Way too soon, even if they are adorable together. I loved Danny not looking like he gave two shits when Sam and Patrick walked in.

I like we are seeing more and more family interactions, this time with Sonny, Olivia, Dante, Lulu and Rocco, with Tracy too. But they've actually been decent about having them all interact together.

• Members

I think deVry has come to work in the role because he really owns the whole sneering, smarmy God's gift to women thing Julian puts over. They're not trying so hard to make him the mobster with the heart of gold like they used to, either - Julian is a dick, he likes being a dick and he knows he and Alexis want each other. I think Julian gets in over his head a lot in terms of his business, but I find his somewhat flamboyant portrayal of this swaggering alpha male prick to be fairly compelling now and I do think he's developed a good chemistry with NLG, once they stopped trying so hard to get any screen time. They have had some good dialogues lately, where it isn't trying to pretty up Julian or pretend he's some great guy or that this is some pure decent relationship - he is what he is, she wants what he is and that's that. That's honest. Soaps used to be able to sustain long-term criminal characters like that without either shining them up (like Sonny) or turning them into supervillains, and for now I think Julian is straddling that line.

Maura West and Billy Miller are doing surprisingly layered work for this writing. Michelle Stafford - I don't know what to say.

• Members
I see what you're saying about deVry but he's just doing nothing for me personally in the role, but I guess he's effective at sneering and playing the dick, but when they write him as trying to be a thug mobster [such as threatning Ned yesterday] it just comes off ... pathetic. And Julian/Alexis have had a bit better dialogue lately, I agree with that. Their scenes have been better.

The show itself is a tad improved, but it's still a huge hot mess.

I'm not sure what to think of Stafford at this point. Nina on one hand I honestly find entertaining as hell. Mostly because she was hating on characters I hated and some of Stafford's delivery has been well done (the comedy aspects, IMO). The drama aspects are played way too campy and way too over the top, but I guess that's how Nina's supposed to be. I don't know. It's been hit or miss with Stafford. She's still on way too much. It's gotten a little better but Ron really has to stop overdoing it when newer characters come on. I often don't start hating them until they're on every day and shoved down my throat. Nina, Ava, Dr. O ... they all started with potential but Ron makes you sick of them. At least Maura and Kathleen Gati do a solid job with the crap they're made to play. Stafford, eh ... I think she's playing the character like the joke it is (at times, other times it's not like that at all). Stafford and Nina are actually coming off a lot like Howarth and Franco, for me, in that sometimes I can enjoy the comedy aspects of their characters, and both play comedy well, but the characters are just written to up and down and all over the place.

Nothing's really consistent.

• Members

Improved??? The last week or so has been painful. I watch every episode in five minutes. Every time the show puts focus on Sonny, Carly, Franco, Michael and Kiki it becomes this boring enhanced interrogation device used to get information out of prisoners. The only decent thing out of this last week was, hmm, I actually don't know that there was a decent thing this past week. Billy Miller is a giant improvement over Steve Burton, and Nina did have that one day where she was crazy with Donna Mills...after that I have nothing.

The episodes at the clinic with Victor, Liesl and crew were a thousand times better than watching the Roger Howarth Show. And Laura Wright is almost as one dimensional as he is. Maurice Benard and that mannequin he shares scenes with, mopey Michael and that beast who plays Kiki, Ava clutching her stomach for a week..literally a week!...this is what has improved the show? I guess people out there agree with KA that all it took was a return to the so-called core characters like Kiki to make the show better, but I disagree completely. This crowd makes it worse.

• Members

I'm with Kman. Still a huge mess but slightly better when pets are not on.

The stuff at the clinic was embarrassing, so it all really comes down to what you can hold onto and try to enjoy out of this garbage fka General Hospital.

moRon, via Liz, giving the viewers who loathe that ridiculous creature, Dr O, a huge "!@#$%^&*] YOU" by having Liz comment on all of O's crimes. Like his gag makes it less trashier than it really is.

Overall, this show has made me not miss Trassions so much!

• Members

Now that is the truth. Meanwhile,the few things I do enjoy are the things most of the board hates. laugh.png

Nina is entertaining me, even though it's mostly camp. I enjoy Dr. O, even though that's also ridiculous camp. The actress just works for me.

I was never a Liason fan, but I really like this version of Jason/Liz. I hope the show chooses to go in this direction for awhile. I legit still think Silas/Sam is the long term couple that Ron wants.

I'm glad to see Carly/LuLu interacting again.

• Members

Yeah, I do. Especailly since she's so clearly into him. These writers never fail to make me go WTF?

I liked that look between Carly and Jason on the end of today's show. It won't surprise me if she's the one to figure out who he is. It should be her or Monica, imo.

• Members

So I guess this week was finally the time for the writers to tell us what kind of a potential employment background bed-hopping, freeloading slacker Lucas has. He's a doctor! Seems almost unlikely at this point given Lucas' behavior as well as him never saying or doing anything to hint at it. I do wonder about his attitude of not wanting to be a doctor though, because I'm not sure that I believe his explanation of being afraid of living up to Tony's level of expertise. It didn't feel real to me and it felt like he was covering for something else.

Archived