Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I love this idea about Kay's will. The HW (JG at the time, I guess) threw away such a unique opportunity to continue the Jill/Kay feud long after Katherine's death by using Nina. Tricia Cast and Jess Walton have gone toe-to-toe many times before (during the great Bill Bell days). They're stellar actresses. So much could have come from a dynamic rematch. This just illustrates how weak the writing has been since the Bill Bell stable of writers left. Jean and Shelley are a disaster. They tell moments, not rich, complex stories that draw the audience in. This show is in desperate need of a strong HW, preferably someone who worked with Bill Bell previously, who really knows the Y&R style of storytelling, not the generic crap dished out to the audience on a daily basis. As for the Emmy in the background, it gets more discussion on this board than any of the current stories. That should tell JFP and Steve Kent something. But they, along with Angelica McDaniel at CBS, don't seem to get it. They've invested their reputations with this head writing team and this EP and they're sticking with it, no matter how boring the show is most days.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's not. I cannot think of anything worse for Jill than to be the desperate, lonely, pathetic old woman that gets duped by a hot, muscular young man for her money. Because that's exactly what the storyline would make her out to be.

If you're going to give Jill a young stud, give her someone who really likes her. He can have ambition and she can know about it. It will make her wonder but she will be convinced of his genuine feelings and help him rise with her.

They messed that up SO badly... there are no words.

You need to check the reasons why ppl are reacting this way, first, before you talk about it.

This is an insane stunt casting trend that MAB started because it gets them press and mentions.

Nothing more.

And, unfortunately, it's continuing.

Archived