Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It isn't just one thing. I'm very disappointed in the Hevon story, but that happened the minute Neil became part of it. I've never disliked Neil, but now I can't stand to watch him.

The whole Ian thing has drug out in Carlivati fashion. He gets busted or fails in one attempt to con somebody and then nothing really happens. He just comes up with another scheme . . . that fails, and the cycle begins again. I'm sure he'll eventually be murdered, but I don't care.

The only thing I still watch for is Billy and Chelsea. I know a lot of people hate nunuBilly, but I like him.

Where's Paul? why am I not getting Dylan and Paul scenes?

• Members
Lots are disappointed with the writers choice of pairing Hilary with Neil. Its Y&R and Hilary is black. Considering this, I now wonder why I ever thought she would have a story that didn't include Neil playing a major role. I think we were all being naive and silly. I always loved Neil but seeing him onscreen now just turns my stomach. So, you are not alone.

Agree about Ian being murdered. But I can't see why anyone would bother. No one has lost a thing at his hands and I dont fear that anyone will. The citizens of Genoa City have no reason to kill him. He is a pitiful villain. They can just ignore him and be done.

I dont mind NuBilly. But I haven't cared about the character in years so this recast doesnt elicit any strong feelings in me either way.

• Members

Ian is just aggravating. Not menacing at this stage. I thought he was so creepy good at first.

Don't hate me. I kind of liked the Mariah and Kevin scenes today. Not sure why I seem to like so many characters that are universally hated here.

Stitch is the other thorn in my side.

And I hate this jerk cop that is after Kevin.

• Members

They are probably going to pair Kevin and Mariah. It annoys the [!@#$%^&*] out of me that Kevin gets romance after romance on this show...and yet Devon has wait and see if the fans take to his father having a romance with the woman before he can get a chance at a pairing with her. My resentment is at an all time high.

• Members

I haven't watched Y&R in a good full week and I don't miss it. I've been reading spoilers here and there though.

Not surprised that Conwell's status was demoted. Leslie seemed like she was fading into the background more and more. And the introduction of her husband did nothing to change my opinion. I think Y&R got some good PR from anouncing TT (not as much as they did with David Tom) and that was about it. I was dubious (still am) about storyline possibilities for his character.

None of these storylines have any real drive behind them. In the beginning a few have seemed to build and then quickly plateau into seeming infinity.

• Members
Every character is universally hated here. Lol.

I haven't seen the show today do I can't speak on the Kevin/Mariah scenes. I will let you know what I think later.

I like Stitch although he is annoying in his "loyalty" to Victoria. However, the writers like him and he is on way too much which means I am bound to hate him. Happens EVERY time. Lol

I thought Ian would cause havoc at first so I enjoyed his antics. Now I am just disappointed.

Archived