Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wow was Friday's episode bad in every way.

1. NuBilly is so wrong for this part. I like the actor though. But it's cringe worthy.

2. Paul and Cricket. No chemistry. They're like brother and sister, may be the lame writing. Nikki showing up there. It's like Dave Kreizman's GL.

3. Stitch can act. Dylan is phoning it in. There's no there there with either of them as characters and actors and that's a bad combo.

4. Tracy getting everyone coffee. Because she's rubenesque, does she have to be written like Mamie in Gone with the Wind.

5. As a group the Abbots in the current form have no chemistry.

6. And don't get me started on the mismatch of Hillary and Devon. I don't see the fuss about this actress; she's one step above mediocre. She's good with Neil, not with Devon.

7 And worst for last. NUABBY>>>>>Horrible

I'm not usually critical of this show but it's not working on any level.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont think Mammy of Gone with the Wind is the Mammy they are modeling her behind. She is the new Mammy/Mamie Johnson, who, like Mammy in Gone with the Wind, wasn't serving cause she was rubenesque.

I actually gave that list consideration until I got to #6. Now I know its a joke. Hilary should NEVER be with Neil. Nothing good about that.

• Members

my list is very spot on. I'm laboring through monday's episode and it's [!@#$%^&*] too. Austin/Summer - no chemistry, who cares about him. He's a criminal. Neil laying on the ground through the whole episode. Yawn. And what can I say about Cane and Lily telling the audience that they shouldn't think it's stupid for their characters to remodel and run a hotel. Don't get me started on Mariah and Nick and Ian giving her advice to follow her path. It's all junk. SOS to Kay Alden. Bill is rolling over in his grave. This is worse in a way than MAB's stuff. And almost as bad as Latham's nonsense.

• Members

Writers are talking to Lane fans trying to convince them that the GCAC is a good place for Cane and Lily. lol

First of all, Lily didn't leave Jabot to run GCAC. She left Jabot because she didn't want to work with Hilary. She ended up working with her anyway but that is beside the point. I hate when writers try to rewrite history.

JFP is continung what MAB started. At least with LML, folks worked and business stories were still at the forefront.

• Members

That was a good reason to hire her. LML had her issues and her pets, but she wrote business stories and everyone worked. Even Lily, Devon, and Daniel worked at Newman and they were in high school/freshman in college. When I look back on those times, considering what we have now, it wasn't bad at all. LOL

• Members

Except LML made some serious blunders -- not the least of which was speeding up the pace of stories and even scenes too fast and too soon. Maybe Y&R needed to pick up the pace, as it were, but I think the change needed to be more gradual for the audience.

• Members

The problem with Lynn Latham is that she was given too much control over the show. Had she been left as co-headwriter with Ed Scott as EP and Jack Smith and Kay Alden still on board Y&R would've gone from strength-to-strength. Lynn Latham IS good, but giving her total control when she's never written an hour daytime soap, doesn't know Y&R and isn't even that experienced in soaps was bound to fail.

Archived