General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These transplant stories on daytime in the last ten or so years have gotten so tedious, crass and rote. Now we're reduced to doing one for Rafe and Alice? Really? Who's next, offscreen Taylor and Max?

• Members

Sorry but i always felt that Big Alice was more than just the [!@#$%^&*] maid as you so nicely put it.

She is the lone voice of reason in the Q madhouse and she was important enought to edward to leaave her shares of elq in his will. That alone means that she was more than just hired help and has truly been embrassed as a member of the Q clan.

To each their own as they say but I find it nice to see the remaining Qs by her bedside and showing how much she means.

Heart transplant aside (because i do agree it is way too overdone) I like that storyline.

• Members

I never warmed very much to Alice because, IIRC, she was introduced (onscreen) in the JFP/Megan McTavish era. Which was all so ersatz.

I have a little more time for her these days after years of service and she can sometimes be fun, but a little of her and her "Mr. Luke" crap goes a long way.

• Members

I didnt take to Big Alice at. First becuz she was taking over Reginald and to me no one could take his place but she found her place within that crazy family known as the Qs and for that alone she deserves to be called an honorary Qs imho.

• Members

I know it was Sk' decision doesnt mean I had to like it :P

I dont think BigAlice was intended as a full time substitute for Reginald. BG mentionned in an interview that she was initially introduced as an undercover fbi agent tied to the bio-toxin storyline in 2001 but the story was re*tooled after 9/11. The producers decided to keep Big.Alice around but dropped the undercover agent idea.

• Members

Alice is on about 6 eppies/year and the Qs are a dead breed. Why in the sam hell would I care about her possibly dying? You have 2 non contract folks who are almost never on involved in a transplant story? Have I entered the Twilight Zone? Then Alice has more support at the hospital than AJ? Monica only had Kaka to comfort her. WTF is this?!

We are definitely behind on gaurantees. Carly and FrankenTodd? They stuck out like sore thumbs, but LW's hair was flaw free. That was a plus.

• Members

It's always nice to hear about these ridiculous ties to the godawful Endgame story. They also planned to blow up the hospital (so JFP could re-design it, which she did years later) and have Angel Ellis somehow hold the cure, or something.

Archived