General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were times Ilene walked a very, very fine line on social media, both before and after Ron took over.

I was more than fine with the Loving stuff and with Delia at the beginning. The problem right now is that this character really has little to do with Delia - it's Ron doing an OLTL thing. I adored Roxy, but Delia Reid is worth more than that kind of personal gratification over an unrelated show and a character.

I believe she was approached about OLTL online, incidentally, shortly before the whole thing went under.

• Members

What irked me about the Loving/Corinth serial killer references was the inaccuracy in terms of further story established on The City. The Alden mansion was not abandoned after Cabot and Isabelle's deaths, but it was purchased by Deborah Brewster after she hit the number.

• Members

That was my hunch. What a nightmare, actually. Of all the fanfic writers in the world, one of the lesser is actually in a position of power where he can take classic ABC daytime characters and make shoddy canon (at least by GH standards) character moves. Let us pray that he will never, ever, increasingly and abundantly EVER have access to the characters of AMC and OLTL.

• Members

That didn't really bother me. It was perfectly plausible to me that Corinth had dried up as a town since and that Deborah had split.

Incidentally, if you're still doing the PP soaps watch, we're all eager to hear your thoughts wherever you choose to post them. Or was that someone else?

• Members

Yeah that kind of rubbed me the wrong way too. I understand that the actress who played Deborah had died since but it was still a retcon.

However as i remember this I assumed that Deborah inherited the Alden mansion and the obnoxious buttler that came along with it.

• Members

Wow, Monica for 2 days! I'm impressed. And she's not looking freshly done, either.

Sooo obvious with this Alice/Rafe stuff ...

Bryan Craig should wear red more often.

Hey, they remembered Shawn (and for those interested, he's shirtless). Nice to see Jordan, as always.

Day 6,000 of Ava/Sonny/Roxy. Isn't Roxy the boozer, not Delia ... lmao at "Delia" pretending to be Kaka. Love Ilene Kristen.

Kelly Monaco is definitely checked in to this storyline. PLEASE pair Sam with Patrick and let's dropkick Silas out of the way.

• Members

That was me and I shall! I'll dig up the old threads as I go.

Geesh, it took Monica twelve minutes (not counting yesterday's cliffhanger) to spit it out about Alice. It felt absurd. Ben, B.J., Josh, Rafe, so many soap hearts beating in new chests.

It's driving me crazy too.

• Members

I do have to wonder if something happens between Ava and Sonny. We all know he's not going to off her. I wouldn't mind both of them being shipped off. So over them. I love Maura West but Ava is played out already.

• Members

Ava ending up getting herself married to Sonny and then taking over the organization while he's shipped off to the kookyhouse for a while would be a perfect ending to this scenario. It wouldn't last and shouldn't, but it would keep her running for a while longer and be great story.

Archived