General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess its a way to make it sadder for poor wittle misunderstood waif when he meets his maker.

Good luck with that, Im counting the hours til he flatlines on the operating table.

I just wish kiki had gotten in the car instead of Molly. That way we could have killed two stupid birds with one rock.

• Members

He just forgot his story re: Robin not being able to contact Patrick/Emma he just had Emma say that she speaks to her mom but it's a major shift in the plot/story so he was called on it and went into a rant berating viewers on twitter saying that' not what happened or some of his snark. However, Robin incommunicado was highly reinforced e.g. in the Victor/Patrick scenes. One being he had a short window to be able to say goodbye to her before she left.

• Members

Ok, I can understand someone saying that they've watched GH for years and can't break the habit no matter how bad they feel it's gotten. What I can't understand is why people will piss and moan about how Ron acts on Twitter--if you don't like what he says, and it infuriates you so, just stop following him. There's no reason in the world you have to subject yourself to that in order to keep watching the show you used to love. The only reason to do that is because you delight in the drama and are trying to prove some imaginary point...but I've yet to figure out what that point is and whom you're trying to prove it to.

• Members

And if it's "out there" it makes it open to be discussed. He's the one who chose to put himself on Twitter and act like a fool.

I can't believe they re-aired the beginning of crypt sex and the aftermath of the waste of time Patrick/Sabrina being run off the road. On the Fourth of July. How nice of them.

• Members

To be fair, this isn't just something with RC. I've seen it happening more and more over the years. Showrunners are increasingly relying on social media to make up for the weaknesses of their onscreen work. I saw it with the David Shore, the showrunner for House, after that show's particularly offensive sixth season finale. He made an ass of himself all over the internet backpedaling on what we saw. Weak writers use after-the-fact explanations to make up when their material fails. It's worse with RC, one, because he puts crap on screen 200+ times a year and two, because he is a particularly weak writer who can't handle legitimate criticism.

• Members
I follow GH on FB and IG but I don't follow it on Twitter. I only follow 2 soap people on Twitter and they both play(ed) on Y&R. None of the GH Twitter drama appears on my timeline because none of the people I follow don't retweet anything from them. I do hear about the back and forth trolling between Ron and and the GH fans on Twitter and the arguements between some of the parents of the child actors and GH fans on there as well.

Archived