General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've noticed that the comments on the GH threads tend to be overwhelmingly negative. Wouldn't it make more sense to just stop watching the show altogether (as I do) if GH is so terrible? Am I correct in assuming that the reason why so many folks here continue to watch GH is because (1) it is a long-time habit, (2) watching GH is a way to support the genre and save the show from cancellation, or (3) because the show is interesting in a "so bad it's good" kind of way?

• Members

I appreciate your honesty. I still enjoy Robert, Anna, and Duke, but the positives are so outweighed by the negatives that I certainly would never want to watch today's GH.

That is a fair point about the negativity going on in the other threads. However, it is my opinion that Cartini is especially hated on this board (and for good reason, IMO). I am just surprised that people would want to watch a show Cartini is involved with on a regular basis, although people are certainly entitled to do whatever they wish in their free time.

• Members

Shirtless Lucas, Felix, Nathan and Patrick all in the same episode. Guess Ron needed some new masturbation material.

I just have to laugh at this Lucas/Felix/Brad nonsense. They can't honestly think anyone is invested in this "story" when it's on once a month, right?

Silas sobbing at Rafe's bedside was cringeworthy. laugh.png

I like how Nathan went from naked, dressed, back to naked, then back to dressed all in the same episode. Now that's character development.

Please tell me we're not going back to Kaka/Morgan or some kind of triangle with Michael. Gross.

Nina was on today why?

• Members

The only reason i care (even slightly) about the gay Bermudas triangle is that it gives Parry shen screentime and i am really a fan of the actor. But i cringe at the notion that the best rc could do with that talented (and in my mind very sexy man) is to have his character go through the exact same storyline he had when he was paired with Ange Mamma but this time with blond torso.

• Members

I watched (but ultimately quit) when Guza was at the helm so I guess im a really stubborn dissatisfied fan at this point. Like i said it helps that characters i like are still around (like Tracy) but they re practically commiting murder by making her eat up anything FLuke say like ice cream.

Nina is the most useless characters out of all the characters the show introduced since rc took over. She makes Kiki almost relevent which in and of itself is an atrocity.

• Members

I know Parry shen has about three shows this months and maybe 8 next months. (I said i was a fan of the actor :P)

But i hope he isnt saddled with Lucas and felix.

It goes against mybetter judgment but i am somewhat hopeful that the Lucas/Lulu scenes (there IS going to be a follow up to that bs cliffhanger today, right?) Will provide a semblance of character development for Lucas.

• Members

They are obviously going back to Morgan and Kiki. It's been clear for a while, though it could swerve, who knows.

Kristen (as Kiki) and Bryan Craig have a fair bit more chemistry, honestly.

• Members

Nina was on today because Stafford was probably guaranteed about 4 eppies a week. I am not even sure if Nina uttered one word today. She was in about 3 segments. We didn't need to see her listening in. That was pointless. Just wait for the eppies where Nina is simply polishing her toenails or eating a bowl of cereal just to meet Stafford's guarantees.

No one is really ranting and raving about this character as Stafford and FrankenRon had hoped. Many have said on Twitter that they wish she were gone. However, no one will not admit that this is not a great addition/value to GH and viewers will have to suffer thru her at least 3 or 4 days a week.

Easton earned that Razzie today!

KA showed why Emmys should not be treated as chicklets.

Felix naked on Carly's couch? Why? Seriously, why did he need to be 1/2 naked as a guest in someone's house on the couch? That was ridiculous! This triangle playing out once every 5 weeks gives me no reason to invest. I really only kind of like Felix but Brad and Lucas don't bother me, so if this story were told, I might enjoy it. The problem is, it's not.

Alice spent more time saying "I have something to tell you" repeatedly than actually TELLING anything. That is so damn played out. Big Moose can die for all I care.

• Members

The Alice thing came out of NOWHERE. I don't know but has she been shown to have heart problems in the past? If they were going to go this route with making this as big as it is, then they should have shown her clutching her chest in her prior appearances. Maybe alluding to this with some foreshadowing, instead of having her dropping to the ground when it became convenient.

Archived