General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If its either suzann flynn or Scott sickles writing it tomorow? About 10,000 times.

Elizabeth Page will try to come up with something slightly more original but it will still sound like repetitive crap a blind monkey with its hands tied behind its back would be ashamed of writing.

Our only hope might be Kate Hall but she only works with what the almighty soap saviour RC gives her theres only so much miracle one woman can do.

• Members

I disagree with her saying Rafe and Molly had great chemistry. That pairing failed even though RC had turned TJ into the Angry Black Man and Taylor was the Temptress. I thought they made a big mistake killing Allison off. I'm not really upset about Rafe being killed unlike how I be whenever Guza would kill a legacy character during the sweeps period.

Sonny hasn't been a redeemable character to me at least since the early 2000s. Characters like Asa Buchanan, Adam Chandler, Carl Hutchins, Adam Spaulding, and Roger Thrope had more admirable and redeemable qualities about them than Sonny ever had and they weren't portrayed as the hero of the show like Sonny is. They didn't have half of the women on the show calling people hypocrites for opposing them like GH does for Sonny. I will say that Guza was guilty of doing that, Ron just let's him skate by.

• Members

This is a thing of beauty and unfortunately very true. There are just no complex characters. They're all two dimensional. That was the one thing that always set daytime soaps apart from prime-time TV: you could delve into the characters much more and they became more complex. But not on CartiniGH. unsure.png

• Members

I didn't agree or even care about the Rafe stuff because it was so small and doesn't distract from the greatness of the entire article. Martini told no lies. Everything she says is playing out on all of our screens.

I used to like Scummy, but I was not ok with Mo influencing Scummy's bipolar disorder into the scripts in 2006. What really got me was Carly chasing that moron around the living room last year to get him to take his meds. That was it for me. Now, the irredeemable part of Scummy was FrankenRon having this maggot take his son's woman to bed because he felt bad. Really? Comfort sex with his son's woman? Instead of having an emotionally charged story with Scummy wrestling with his guilt over killing Michael's father and having Carly wrestling with the truth AJ left with her, we have Scummy become the most vile creature on the show by betraying the other son, something that truly should have made Carly sick. This ties into Martini's article about tossing potentially good stories out the window to keep pets (Ava) around. Carly is coddling this clown when she should be struggling with clearing AJ's name vs salvaging Michael/Scummy's relationship. But no! None of that is happening. AvaClaudia is on lock down while Scummy plays the victim? This is not the route to take with something so explosive. When the truth finally comes out, will anyone care? Will it even be interesting?

And as much as I enjoy LW/RH together, bypassing CarnAJ for Francly? At the very least, make it a triangle, but no, there was no way anyone was going to compete with Roger. I won't rehash because we all know how that ended.

• Members

I'm not buying that Sonny is finally an unreedemable character under RC because he slept with his son's girlfriend and he killed his other son's biological father. His rap sheet before Ron made him an unredeemable character for me.

• Members

That move AFTER betraying Michael means there is NOTHING left for Scummy. Anything else would be forced. Scummy has officially expired because he has absolutely NO rootable qualities remaining. We have heard for years that Scummy is a great father, of course, nothing that has been shown onscreen. Now, he betrays both sons in a matter of weeks, one of them in the worst way? Betraying Morgan to keep Ava on the show? That was one helluva "sacrifice" to keep a character that is truly meaningless to the canvas.

Archived