B&B - July 2014 - Discussion Thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA with the great synopsis of Quinn. I remember the last time she was on the outs with Wyatt at the beginning when he learned Bill is his dad; I didn't think she was being treated fairly but this time...this is the same Quinn that came on; I was surprised w/this psycho storyline; didn't think it would go there; I'm hoping she'll be reset when she returns.

• Members

Considering that this show has been nothing but oustanding for the past 2-3 months, I will give Brad Bell the benefit of the doubt that Quinn will be redeemed and made a viable character for quite some more time. Sheila was also written into a corner in 1995 and got one hell of a comeback story. Same in 1996. She was borderline psycho for this entire time and yet they managed to keep her on...

• Members

You're totally right about this, yet I feel Quinn's believability as a respectable, independent, 21th century woman was jeopardized the moment she started locking Liam in an elevator, steam room, stabbing Bill with his sword etc.

• Members

The introduction to Ivy was awful. The show opens up and she's already there? No build up of them talking about her before this episode. Liam nonchalantly mentions that she's a Forrester in the last segment but the audience is left confused.

I do like that Liam and Wyatt are acting like brothers. I really hope it lasts but I have my doubts.

Didn't Friday's show end with Zach catching Justin and telling him to come back? Both were MIA on this last episode

• Members

She first appeared last Thursday and was introduced as a Forrester. It was very sloppy though. And I really DO NOT like the actress so far.

Apart from that, the show is soooooo enjoyable. Nothing outstanding but just good classic soap. I'm really impressed by it on most days. :)

• Members

Yeah, I'm not impressed at all by Ivy. I'm not sure it's a great idea having a complete stranger, never even mentioned before, come over and be loved as a family member, with everyone going wow about how much she's grown... I loved KKL's reaction though, she's such a good actress - you can tell by these little things.

Ivy's mannerisms don't mesh well yet with the rest of the Bell-style trained cast IMO we shall see. When a show is as good as B&B has been in the last few months, you are more than happy to turn a blind eye on some things and give it a chance.

• Members

I didn't know Eric had a brother. Now I'm trying to remember if Eric' family was ever explored but I agree she was sloppily introduced...IMO no build up just bam! Little Ivy all grown up and hey she's a jewelry designer (Wyatt pairing probably) and guess what she's right outside.

• Members

John Forrester was NEVER seen on the show, although there was a casting call in the mid1990s; eventually they decided against bringing him on. Eric's niece, Jessica, came to town in 1994 when John and his then-wife Maggie (who arrived a year later in her trailer from Iowa) divorced. Now, Ivy is another insta-relative, supposedly from John's marriage with his new wife.

• Members

I don't care for Ivy either, but I was never going to to be honest. I just don't care about Wyatt/Hope/Liam and certainly don't need someone else planted in the middle of it to take more airtime away from characters I do want to watch. The cast was already big enough for a 20-minute show that's centered around just a few characters.

Oliver and Aly are so cute together. I'm terrified that when this bump in the road is over they will inevitably be backburned.

ZC is still cute, although I preferred him with the Bieber cut :P

Archived