B&B - July 2014 - Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Thorsten is decent as Ridge, but the lack of a love interest on a show like B&B is what kills him. A big problem is that they aren't even testing him so he feels like he's just dying in that worthless pairing with Katie. Instead of having Maya try to jump Eric's bones SHE should be tested with Ridge. Not to mention Donna, TAYLOR, Quinn and I'd even consider bringing back a past character like Amber. Basically I feel they should be THROWING women at Ridge so he can flex his romantic muscles and then see what type of pairings will work for his Ridge.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not a Bill apologist at all, but this man's fiance is being taken by force from his wedding? Why should he play fair? It's ridiculous that Bill is painted as the bad guy when that wishy washy dirty fool came and upset his wedding and literally stole his bride! Just think about that for a second. This is one of the reasons why I can't watch BB for long periods of time. The characters live in a universe with which the audience is not familiar. These folks condone things that would never be condoned on other soaps. Everyone feeling bad for Brooke when she skanked her sister's husband and now it's poor Ridge when this man, who has a fiance, went to hijack another man's woman from her wedding because the bride, who happens to be a grown ass woman, was making a mistake? Come on!

• Members

TO DRANGONFLIES:

And what the hell does me being a Brill fan (loud and proud!) have to do with it?! You are saying I can't comment on the FACT that this Ridge is a ginormous asshat and is committing premeditated crimes right and left? You seem to be the one deflecting and excusing the jackass a.k.a. Ridgiculous...not me. Bill is no choir boy....but Ridge is no hero...and IMHO much worse in his behaviors. Besides, IMO what Bill did to Ridge in that moment he had coming ...! tongue.png

• Members

ICAM with Toups.... (Can't seem to get the quote button to work, tho!)

Exactly! Everyone acts as if Ridge did nothing wrong by leaving is fiancé with her gamey string-ring behind in LA while he took the company jet halfway around the world to play caveman with his ex-wife: Ridge sucker-punched the groom, abducted the bride, and hijacked a helicopter! It was all Quinn's fault or Bill's fault....? Not buying it. Ridge is a self-centered and domineering dumbass who wants Brooke miserable and waiting in the wings for him when he tires of boring wallflower Katie.

Never saw TK before....but Ridge never looked like a grungy, grouchy, hairy homeless man before like he does now.... even tho' I will admit I have loathed Ridge for years so it doesn't matter to me who plays him. I didn't think Ridge was necessary on the show anymore without Stephanie he is a non-entity. The ratings increased after his exit. Now his return in the form of TK has been a flop ... the old Bridge fans can't stand him.... he has no chemistry with anyone (esp. HT), is totally overpowered in his scenes with DD's Bill, and sometimes seems bored and phones his performances unless he's being a total jackass in the boardroom and/or acting like a bully and thug sucker-punching and assaulting or kidnapping someone.

• Members

I don't understand this thinking. If you don't agree with something, you must be a fan of something else. Yes you are a Brill fan, but what Ridge did was wrong as well as criminal. He kidnapped Brooke, who fought him, from her wedding. Ridge has a damn fiance and what Brooke does is none of his damn business. It was like watching Zackass Slater being his barbaric self! The woman said no, she resisted so that was the end of it. His pathetic ass fiance went along with it too. Heart attacks just aren't as potent as they once were! Ugh!

Ridge would not have been dumped out of a helicopter he should not have been in from the damn start! That was Bill's helicopter, so this arrogant dirty bastard kidnaps Bill's fiance from the wedding and plans to use his (Bill's) helicopter to whisk her away? Seriously? He should have been dumped in the ocean. At least Ridge got a well deserved bath!

• Members

This is the problem I have with this storyline too Ridge going all the way to Dubai like a caveman to stop the wedding; I just don't feel any empathy for him.

Mainly because I get Bill didn't intend to harm him and his directive to Justin was misunderstood; I saw that so Ridge getting payback for his original intrusion where he was clearly wrong and out of place stopping their wedding just annoyed me. And that "I got ya" smug grin Ridge gives doesn't help.

I like Tk well enough but his portrayal of Ridge needs some work and I think it would benefit the character to get him away from Brooke and shop him around the canvas even if he becomes like a playboy type for a minute dating or something what is the point in all of this do they want them back together or what? Are Brooke/Bill ever going to get married?

• Members

Watched yesterday and Ridge was putrid, but Katie was even more disgusting! Standing there agreeing with PigPen as he dictates Brooke's life. PigPen only wants Brooke free so that she can lust after him.

Bill was telling the truth. Ridge was wrong in EVERY way, but no one is seeing this. No man would stand for what Ridge did, especially a man like Bill! Too bad he was not smart enough to not confess!

The only good thing about Ridge and Katie is that they are sticking with this duo so it will be really easy to write TK out when the time comes!

• Members

Saw up to Monday's show

Who the heck does Ivy think she is? Why was she being so damn shady about Hope?

Zach is a hypocrite and I loved Bill calling him out on it. Katie just stood there looking like an idiot all quiet bc she probably knew I was true but lost her ability to speak up. Dumb bitch

• Members

I agree that Ridge should be thrown into new pairings. I don't think TK is leaving any time soon, because it's my understanding Brad Bell hates RM for leaving and he would never in a million years prove certain people right firing his replacement.

I also agree that Ivy is such a non-character. What drives me nuts about this show is that they introduce new characters and they don't even take 5 minutes to develop them before they introduce them. They let them come in and 'we'll see where that goes'. In a week, Ivy could be completely different from what we've seen now. (well, to be honest I hope so...)

I'm also tired of Brooke being a crying mess. Let her go back to being a slutty, vixenish outcast. But I'm afraid it'll never happen. She's stuck being the irresistible Saint Brooke always misunderstood by others.

As far as Hope is concerned, I don't think Brad is obsessed with KM or anything, it's just the Bell formula where they put all their money on one heroine and act as if she's God's gift to straight men. My question is: does Hope have ANY fans in the audience? I've seen tons of Steffy & Liam fans even on FB, but rarely have I seen any Hope / Lope fans...

• Members

IDK. Me personally, I hate Hope and I fast forward every scene she is in, nuff said. she is just too plain and too boring to be a Heroine. no sexappeal what so ever. Brooke at 70 sexy voice and eye fu;king level beats Hope at 20 somethin. LOL

• Members

Hope has always been a dummy to me not only that but stupid eg her current storyline re: Wyatt and the Hope diamond, Also writing does her no favors because it never stops doting over her the whole cast coddles Hope. I was glad when Quinn left it bored me listening to her Hope this and Hope that. The actress brings no flavor to the character, she's bland and.I also find her asexual.

I can't for the life of me understand why either of these men would want her flip flopping to and fro...Liam and Hope have a decent amount of fans on the CBS web site... not not sure about the FaceBk wall haven't been there in awhile.

Archived