Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point, the fact that Sharon and Nick still have any fans at all boggles my mind. This show has done a fantastic, bang-up job, IMO, of making them so repulsive as a couple. Not as repulsive (IMO) as Billy and Victoria, but awfully close.

• Members

Yall are dead ass wrong saying he looks like Jack Wagner's old looking ass lol. But it is so true. Physically he looks all wrong for the part. He is simply too old. This recast disregards Billy's history. It's Billy in name only.

• Members

They were clearly so desperate to get away from youthful David Tom and back to the sphere of supposed 'man's man' Billy Miller - if they couldn't get the Miller himself - that they went with Cigar Store Jack Wagner. I mean, he seems talented enough based on his reel but Jesus, he's old.

Even if they were so desperate to get Miller back, which it seems they are, I would've stuck with DT until then and see what happens. But no, Y&R only thinks in terms of the short-term and the couples today. They've tried so hard to become 'like ABC' that their apeing that mentality has turned into something which, I think, even ABC wouldn't do. Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini have a great many faults at GH, but IMO if they'd wanted to bring back the original portrayer they'd have done so and stuck with it, period. They're more loyal to the value of a certain name or history than to a couple (FV in particular prefers not to recast) - they'd have kept Tom and worked him with other people, instead of obsessing over Amelia Heinle.

• Members

Sony, CBS, or both must be insisting that Victoria, Billy, Chelsea, and Adam(Stitch is just stand in) be the lead characters on this show. This is not good for my future with this show. I resent each one of those characters for different reasons.

This guy looks like a contemporary of Neil and Michael. Someone who would have adult children instead of kids under the age of 7.

• Members

Poor David Tom. He was never even given much of a chance. I think he's fine as an actor, so what if Amelia's talentless ass doesn't like working with him? I'd tell her to suck it up or leave. Has anyone considered it is HER that is screwing up the chemistry? Poor Jill, she can't keep her sons onscreen and in front burner story to save her life, let alone interact with them! Now David Tom has been sacrificed, and Thom Bierdz is too busy sitting in the woods making unleavened cookies that look like dog turds to care. And if he did, Phelps wouldn't want him, anyway, and he'd also be too fickle to be depended upon.

Archived