Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

Joan Collins clashed with "that big fat female producer" (MADD) frequently over what she was entitled to per her contract. MADD tried to revoke her chauffeur privileges, refused to let 'Entertainment Tonight' film Joan in the studio while taping was going on for promote her start on the show, and then she wouldn't let her do her book tour. And that was that. Joan exercised her 3 month out and walked with six figures in compensation for her troubles.

And let's get real, Joan Van Ark, who was absolutely excellent as Gloria, left Y&R because she knew that hack bitch from the depths of hell LML was coming aboard and she hates her all the way from her Knots Landing days.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. Joan Van Ark was great as Gloria. LML was the end of that.

I can't believe MADD wouldn't let ET film? Um, hello woman, that's called PROMOTION!

Phyllis and Nick were an awful couple who should have been !@#$%^&*] buddies and nothing more. Selling them as some supercouple made zero sense. Phyllis was and never should be a heroine. Phyllis and Jack were always the couple I thought worked the best. Gina Tognoni should do well in the role but I personally think she's miscast, but I'll wait and see for sure when she begins airing. I'm sure she can put some fire into Phyllis and make the role her own but there's too many recasts going on. Kelly, Phyllis, Billy and eventually Adam? It's a bit much.

• Members

I agree. But both Sharon and Phyllis need to move on from Nick.

PHICK was nothing more than constant couch humping and lies. I don't see how people make them out to be one of the great love stories in Y&R. Phyllis' true love and best pairing has always been Jack, but how she did him after the original affair with Nick, that romance was tarnished as well.

And in all honesty, as a SHICK fan, I want Sharon away from Nick and the Newmans after the truth comes out. For good. I don't even want her to be paired with an Abbott either. I'd prefer Sharon sow her oats elsewhere with Stitch or maybe Dylan--two men she showed chemistry with, but other than that, Sharon needs a new man (not Newman). I still wish they'd bring back a grown Chuckie Roulland, Brooks Prentiss, and Jennifer Foster and slap Sharon in that orbit.

• Members

I do NOT want Sharon with Dylan. That is Nick's brother and just more of the same. I would take a pairing with Stitch though...or even Neil. Anyone but ANOTHER Newman or Reed relative or connection. IMO, Sharon needs family moreso than another pairing anyway. I would much rather Dylan be her brother.

As for Phyllis. I have no desire to see Phick vs Shick again. It was played out 5 years ago. I think GT, like MS, is much better at playing the anti-heroine than heroine. Although I will reserve judgement, I just have no desire to see TPTB push NuPhylis as some heroine.

• Members

LOL. It was too good to last. But I will always remember our time together with fondness. wink.png

I like Nick. I like Phyliss. I've finally grown to tolerate Sharon. Sharon was the reason I stopped watching the show. I can go either way Shick/Phick. I'm just excited that Phyliss is returning and I will be very curious to see GT's take on the character. I've loved Gina as Dinah, and hated her as Kelly Cramer, so it remains to be seen how I will react to her Phyliss. But she and Nick would be hot together. And I don't see them pairing her with Jack long term. JMO as always.

After the way GH underutilized Rick Hearst, I would love to see him come to Y&R and mix it up with the Ladies of Genoa City.

• Members

I am sure we will find common ground again. I beg you not to leave me prematurely. Lol

You like Nick? Really? He is just there in my opinion. Nothing to like or dislike. He is good looking but that's all I can say. I don't even think he has a distinct personality. Other than having sex with whichever woman that is in his vicinity, I couldn't tell you a thing that makes up his character.

NuPhyllis is up in air. As long as she is not some heroine, I am prepared to enjoy her.

• Members

Jack and Alex Donnelly's Diane were good together, I agree. I wasn't fond of the time period where Diane and Phyllis went after each other and Diane was thrown under the bus after Susan Walters took on the role.

• Members

I always thought HT played Victoria way to brash. Even when she wasn't supposed to be she always came off as brash and uptight.

Totally disagree. They had some of the best chemistry I've seen from a soap couple.

• Members

You criticize Heather Tom's acting and in the same post claim Billy Miller & Amelie Heinle have some of the best chemistry you've seen from a couple?

I don't even know if you realize what a HUGE no-no that is. :lol:

Archived