Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phyllis did not make Nick interesting. Phyllis with Nick was ridiculous. Nick should be interesting because of the writing for him, and what Joshua Morrow should put into him, not because of a pairing. Characters used to be able to exist without shoehorning them into these coupledoms.

• Members

I agree with Khan, get rid of all of them for a while. Kelly shouldn't have been recast, and Cady is way too perky in the role. I disagree keeping Stitch. I'd ditch him too. I've yet to be at all impressed by the actor.

• Members

I agree especially because often times these recasts seem like totally different characters anyway. Might as well make them totally new characters instead of recasts. At the same time there are also too many new people as well. JFP has lost too many actors during her tenure (although not all her fault) which is causing Y&R to seem like a totally different show.

• Members

Phylis didn't make Nick interesting at all. There use to be stand alone characters because they had another things to do beside who they going to be with next. I

It seems we don't see these characters at work anymore. & they don't have friends.

• Members

JM isn't competent enough to lead a story by himself which is why he always needs to be paired with someone....and even then its hit or miss in terms of good story. Him and Sharon this time.....snooooze. They are only interesting when a more interesting character tries to come between them like Grace, Phyllis, Cameron and the other guy who was in prison with Nick.

• Members

This is my honest opinion, Nick has only been popular as a character because of Shick then Phick, accompanied by JMs looks. He can not stand on his own as a character. He is not interesting alone. There has to be some fight for him that brings out viewers competitiveness in order for them to care.

Yes. This is it. When this show became couple centric over the last 7 years, the characters suffered.

• Members

Nick could stand on his own, I think, but it would take pulling the trigger and re-casting Josh Morrow with a better actor. As it is, I think the writers are doing the best they can with a very limited actor (same with Victoria and AH).

Frankly, if I had my druthers, I would write off Nick and Sharon for awhile, then re-cast Nick with the explanation that he and Sharon broke up after he caught her in bed with another man.

• Members

Lord, please no. At least not right now. I barely remember a time when I didn't watch Y&R. I'm easy when it comes to my shows. The only time I stopped watching was the last few months of GL and ATWT because I couldn't stand to say goodbye. I know that sounds dramatic, but the CBS shows were with me through every childhood trauma (death of a parent, grandparents, being bullied). All the moves and instability as a young adult trying to find my way.

Right now I am on the edge with Y&R. I don't even let myself think about who or what I'm watching for because the answers are few. Maybe JM isn't a great actor. He doesn't have the gravitas Victor's son should have, but on a show that now has very few core vets, let's keep the people who have been there 20 years. At least while all these new people and characters are getting established (assuming they ever do). I want to see at least a few faces I know when I tune in.

Billy, Phyllis, Kyle, Abby, Adam...this show is just screwed when it comes to cast stability right now, especially among the next generation. I won't even try to name all the new characters. They've introduced so many so fast, I don't even know why I'm supposed to care about them and I want to care about them. I'm not anti new characters, I just need to have them established one at a time, instead of being inundated like they've done. It's crazy, imo.

• Members

I thought we recently agreed no more recasting or new characters. No, we are stuck with the "Doucheboat of Alpha Tau" (I friggin love that, by the way). I would pair him and Sharon and place them on the back burner to only play supporting to Noah's life. Pass the damn torch! Nick is played out. I have no interest in him in another pairing, triangle, quad, etc. Sharon, on the other hand, is the one I would love to see with someone else not Newman related or connected. If she must remain in the Newman sphere, keep her with Nick.

Archived