Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

A real EP like back in the days would've given her a** the boot a long time ago seeing as he had three of the main stars (Peter, Jess, and Melody) in favor of his return. Regardless of the press releasing statements claiming that DT was fired because he had a "baby face," I still believe this heifer had a hand in it. I hate how stars nowadays have so much power and say in these shows.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As boring as I think she is in the role, I'm not at all convinced Amelia Heinle personally had anything to do with what happened to Tom, so much as the show itself (and perhaps Sony/CBS) was bent on continuing the story with Billy and Heinle's Victoria, as well as on a certain image for Billy Abbott. They had already apparently approached Miller to return, something which indicates to me that Jill was likely playing hardball when he was negotiating with the show to re-up, and it backfired on her. They wanted to keep Miller's Billy in the fold and with Heinle and it went sideways on them. They were winging it re-hiring Tom but their first loyalty, it seems, was to the couples-centric, star-focused, "ABC-lite" Y&R they feel they have molded over the last several years. And that means Miller's Billy, or something as close to it as they can get, with Victoria - regardless of whether or not David Tom's Billy Abbott could have more use to the larger, wider canvas of Y&R.

• Members

So will his old ass be following behind awesome con Chelsea acting all clueless too or will Billy suddenly be smart and mature in 2 weeks? Smh, a 40+ Billy is not the way to go and certainly not just to make a couple/triangle work. As for AH, I don't think she got DT fired or has that kinda power. She didn't help matters either though.

• Members

I know these days are far from the glory years, but JFP knows what a dynamic writing team and fantastic actors can do. What happened to her when she left Guiding Light for AW? It's like she lost her mojo. The shows she joins usually look great ( until Y&R for some reason)but Her writing hires get more and more uninspired. And her casting choices are flat as can be. Or in the wrong part. Like the new Billy. He seems talented in his reel. But he is way to old for this role. GT is too young for Phylis. Talented, but not right.

These are the crappy decisions she made for a decade on GH. Keep plugging along with the same way if thinking and doing and the fans of the shows will keep watching. Out of touch.

• Members

Oh, I get the feeling that he will definitely still be following behind Chelsea. He looks older so they will have him naive to try to sell him as younger. Did you see what he was wearing. Looks like something better suited for Fen.

• Members

The fact that they want an older Billy, or Miller as Billy, and with Victoria and Heinle's talentless ass, shows they don't understand Y&R at all. They understand what's been given to them, and what's been destroyed over the years. It's too bad.

Archived