Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

Phyllis made the boring Nick interesting. Nick has got to be the most boring character from a main family ever. And if the non-acting JM can be a Newman, then the much more talented AH can as well. I don't get the AH comments about her not being strong enough to play a lead character much less one in a lead family when JM is about the worst actor on the show.

Oh I know its an unpopular opinion but that's just how I feel. I don't think HT is a bad actress....loved her as Katie on B&B (I no longer watch). I just never got into her when she was Victoria and was glad when she was written out.

It would be nice if Sharon could sow her oats somewhere other than Genoa City.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They probably should rather than recast. I like GT but don't really care for recasts. It will be interesting to see her take on Phyllis....not sure of how she's going to work.

• Members

They're relying too much on recasts when they need to be developing new characters. After a while you need to limit the recasts. Adam, for example, is not needed. Give the character a proper rest. Have some creativity and develop a new leading man. Same for Phyllis. Her story came to a natural end and she really isn't needed, so why not just bring on a new character for Gina Tognoni?

• Members

Y&R is drowning in both recasts and new characters. If GT wasn't going to be Phyllis, I'd rather they not bring her on at all right now. Take all these new characters and develop them. Give the audience reason to care about them, before bringing on anymore.

• Members

Sorry, Chris B, but I have to agree ajsp and Julia. Y&R needs to focus more on the characters already in place rather than on recasts and new characters. Besides, this show's recent track record with newbies has not been the best, IMO.

• Members

Oh I actually agree with that, I'm just saying if they HAD to have Gina Tognoni I'd rather have a new character than a recast that is too young and eliminated Phyllis' history. How will she look next to Christine and Danny? Daniel and her granddaughter? Out of all these roles I would've kept David Tom as Billy, left Phyllis and Adam off canvas and they could've recast Kelly with Gina Tognoni. At the very least I would've even accepted Gina replacing Cady as Kelly.

• Members

That's being generous, IMO. In fact, I think that's being too generous, lol.

I, myself, would have written off Billy and Victoria with the explanation that the two left GC to get a fresh start in a different town. I also would have ditched Kelly fairly quickly, along with this alleged, big secret she shares with Stitch. That way, I could have had Stitch become involved with Sharon.

Oh, yeah, I would have left Phyllis and Adam off-canvas as well. wink.png

• Members

Well, if I just had to have GT, I guess I would have brought her on as Stitch's ex-wife, Jenna. (And I would have introduced her as the mother of the child a delusional Chloe mistakes for Delia and then abducts -- "Surprise, she lied about moving to Australia!") That way, you still could "test" her w/ Joshua Morrow as part of a Stitch/Sharon/Jenna/Nick quadrangle.

Archived