David Letterman retiring

quartermainefan

• Members

No - they just deleted the tweet AFAIK, but addressed it in a humorous way this week, after that everyone lost interest. It's been dismissed by now because the idiot in question is insane and has bombed every legit interview she's given, and nothing she says makes sense.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is crazy and would never happen, but I think Justin Timberlake would make an excellent host. He has always excelled on SNL and has shown with Jimmy Fallon to be very comfortable in the talk show format. Just as long as they don't ask Ryan Seacrest. Seacrest obviously would be comfortable as a talk show host and probably wants the job.

• Members

I think the decline of her talk show and her blasting E! in public might make her too much of a stick of dynamite for CBS.

I like Aisha Tyler a lot but I'm not sure if she could front her own show. She might be able to, I just think she has some rough spots.

I wouldn't mind them going for someone completely unknown to the public.

I think Amy Poehler would be a good choice too. She's a little mug-happy but she seems kind-hearted (which is appealing to a talk show audience, even in late night) and she has good comic timing.

• Members

So I was reading that Craig Ferguson's contract is up this year, so if he's a serious contender, we should know soon if he gets job, stays where he's at, or leaves CBS all together.

I also read this and next year, the contracts for Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert, and Conan O'Brien are up, so if CBS wants to poach someone who currently has a late night gig, they'll have plenty of options of people that might be willing to jump.

• Members
I hunk her issues at E serve her well, not hurt her. I think she'd do a good job at doing what Dave dies, but also bringing a new dynamic and energy to it but not in a almost variety show way Fallon does.

Tyler I think isn't name enough, sadly. She may be better suited for the late late show. But CBS also might like her on the talk where she I'd.

My issue with pohler is exactly what you said, mug-happy. I can't.

Archived