David Letterman retiring

quartermainefan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It does feel like the end of an era.

I'm not sure who could replace him. I wasn't a big fan but he had a distinctive style and personality.

I don't think Craig Ferguson will get it (although I think he'd be decent), so I'm not sure who they will pick.

• Members

I don't think Craig Ferguson will get it or wants it. A few years back I remember him saying he didn't want the job and liked the later time slot cause it's less restrictive.

A while ago rumors were than CBS wanted Jon Stewart, don't know if that's still true.

CBS did right by David Letterman. Unlike NBC which pushed Jay Leno out (twice) before he was ready, CBS let Dave stay until he was ready to retire. This transition should be far smoother than the Tonight Show one.

• Members

Didn't it end up getting one of their main Twitter accounts deleted?

I can see it getting some notice, although most likely they'd go for someone else for other reasons (Colbert's so politicized now and likely well established at CC).

• Members

I'm with Craig Ferguson. The later the hour, it seems, the more free-wheeling and unpredictable the show.

Who was that British dude who filled in for Jon Stewart on TDS while Stewart off directing his movie? Would he be a good fit for "The Late Show"?

I just hope they don't go with someone like Will Ferrell. For some reason, his name crosses my mind, and it scares me.

Archived