David Letterman retiring

quartermainefan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure. Part could be Letterman's ratings have been declining the past couple years, thus giving Ferguson a smaller lead in to work with. Could also be the newer younger competition. Seth Meyers is new and still in the "honeymoon" stage, so a lot of people who might normally watch Ferguson could be checking him out right now. Before that it was Jimmy Fallon, who on average beat Fergusion 4 out of 5 episodes

• Members

Speaking of Seth, has anyone here watched any of his show yet? I haven't been inclined to, b/c he always comes across to me like...I dunno...like the high school varsity football captain who's likable enough but who is also rather bland once you have an actual conversation with him.

• Members

I'm going to miss him. I haven't watched him regularly in a long time now, but he is one of the best. And of course, I have to give my love to a fellow Hoosier (okay, I wasn't raised there, I moved to Maryland at a fairly young age. Whatever. :) )

I truly hope he has his mother Dorothy on the show at least one more time before he retires next year. She's almost 93 now, so I don't know how likely that would be, but I loved when he would have her on his Thanksgiving show (in her kitchen in Indianapolis), and guess what kind of pies she baked that year. I even bought her cookbook at an antique store once. :)

Speaking of which, here's a clip of her promoting it on his show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK8OSXZWka0

Archived