Soap deaths that made you cry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC: Jenny's death was the first one I ever cried over. I also cried when Angie couldn't save Jesse and when Laura died, as well as Mona, Palmer & Phoebe.

OLTL: Megan.

GL: Maureen.

Josh telling Marah that Reva died, which was done without dialogue with just music playing over the scene (sorry, I'm too lazy to look for these scenes on YouTube).

• Members

I've been moved by the deaths of many characters but I can only think of two that made me cry. And those characters weren't among my all-time favorites but something about their deaths hit me. One was when Dave Bachman died suddenly of a heart attack on "How to Survive a Marriage."

The other was when Tod Chandler died on Days with his sister Liz singing to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fs_L7zalQ4

• Members

Been watching soaps since I was like 5 and in all those years (35+), the only one that really brought me to tears was on General Hospital in 1993 when Dominique died in Scotty's arms immediately after she discovered Scotty and Lucy were going to have her baby. Ridiculously brilliant soap moment.

• Members

Two instances on OLTL. When Megan died, I was very sad! I came very close to crying when Marty was pushed down the stairs by that sociopath Eli, and she lost her baby. I once came close to crying on Passions (I mostly just remember that soap being campy fun) when Gwen's baby was born prematurely and she miscarried, and when she lost another baby a year later. I didn't care too much for Gwen (or Ethan or Theresa) but Liza Huber did some good work there.

Gabrielle's death on OLTL just enraged me.

• Members

Sad scenes

DAYS: Original Roman dying in Bo's arms and Steve's death

OLTL: Megan's death

There was a Filipino soap a friend of mine watched a while back called Bukod Kang Pinagpala about 3 women fighting for custody of a girl named Cindy. Ofelia, one of the women had lost her daughter to a heart defect.

From 1:03 - 5:00, Ofelia is confronted with the death of her daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwKr5LgM0Xw

Even though I don't understand Tagalog, Jennica Garcia's acting, the haunting score, and the fact that Ofelia wasn't there when Lizzie died made this scene tragic and sad.

• Members

Jennifer's death on ATWT in 2006 was a very personal one for me. It was hard for me not to draw comparisons between me watching her death to my grandmother watching her grandmother's death on ATWT 30 years earlier. Throw in all of Jennifer's goodbyes to her family and the fact that she was leaving behind a young child...just a lot of feels.

Archived