Soap deaths that made you cry

• Members

I realize this has been done before, so, as always, if this is locked, so be it.

I was watching some old AMC with Laura Cudahy, and I remembered Mimi Torchin talking about how while she was sad when GH killed off BJ, she'd nearly needed oxygen when Laura was killed.

Were there any soap characters whose deaths made you cry (or almost cry)?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On GH- the entire BJ/Maxie storyline was heartbreaking. I will never forget Felicia finding out it was BJ that have her daughter her heart. Or Lucy remembering how important she was as BJ's first stepmother.

Stone's death was just a difficult story to keep watching, but it was so worth it.

When Lucky died, and Luke came to the docks to meet Laura and tell her, it was incredibly sad. Doesn't matter that it wasn't true, for those first few days it was and it was sad.

On Days- when Hope died on the early 90's, and the show let Bo grieve his sadness was very haunting.

Also when Bo found Roman dead on the beach was pretty sad too.

On ATWT, Bryant's death was pretty sad to watch. And pointless.

• Members

Ryan on AW. IDC what others say, Jensen Buchanan killed that! When my Vicki wrapped herself up in Ryan's sweater, I lost it.

I more so cried at Maureen's funeral episodes instead of her death. When Roger waited until everyone left the funeral and visited Maureen's grave, that scene was so powerful because Maureen was one of the few people that was kind to him. Oh take that back, I cried during the credits of her death because they did that montage while playing "Goodbye My Friend."

I cried during the Jeanne Cooper special. When Jess bid Jeanne/Katherine adieu, I lost it.

Even though it was a bit before my time, I cried watching Mac and Ada's deaths/funerals. When AW was GOOD, it was GOOD. No soap could touch them and those two episodes depict that. That's how you send off a beloved veteran character.

• Members

I know they didn't show her death on the show, but i still get sad when i think of Katherine Chancellor. They really did well with her death on the show. fulfilling her bucket list and then quietly passing away in her sleep. I always felt a connection to her anyway...and the actress because i've seen both her sons in many movies and TV shows.

I also thought they handled the death of Phoebe Tyler on AMC well. The character was a busybody who was not well liked by people in the eariler years. I like how they didn't sugarcode that just because she died. they celebrated her as the flawed woman that she was.

I don't cry on deaths of people i know are still alive and just want to leave the show for movies or whatever. Although i thought Megan's death on One Life to Live was very well done.

Archived