Soap deaths that made you cry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He apparently was big on irony - his character died on Passions the same day the actor died in real life.

I felt that B&B didn't construct unique ways for Stephanie to deliver the news to the other characters. Her Irish heritage was never played up on the show, and suddenly it was part of the fabric of the character. It felt like stunt casting with the Celtic Woman. Brad should have eaten some crow, and asked Ronn Moss' Ridge back, and Stephanie should have died with Eric, Ridge and Brooke surrounding her... the three characters that greatly defined her character as well as the four original cast members. For me, her death was less effective/effecting to me than the two days when she got the fatal diagnosis, which were played on such a true level of what happens in the moments when someone is given such news from a doctor.

• Members

His death is probably the most eeriest soap death, and even as a kid it stunned me as just having watching the same episode where he did died, I don't think i gave a thought that Timmy was actually gonna die on the show.....at the time Passions had become so predictable that i probably thought that little light bulb that held Timmy's life support would fade back on during the next episode......

yeah I agree some of those things with Stephanie's heritage was OTT, but I guess I was moved more by the actors performances, mainly the scene where Stephanie says to everyone at her party "this is the last time I'm gonna see you all" and everyone breaks into sobs and she gives them all goodbyes.....that really got me the most, but I admit her death scene with Brooke didn't make me too emotional.

• Members

AMC: Kate Martin, Mona Kane, Myrtle Fargate

AW: Sally Frame, Wallingford, Mac Cory, Frankie Frame, Ada Hobson

ATWT: Shannon O'Hara[shrunken head death], Nancy Hughes

DOOL: Alice Horton, Hope Williams Brady, Tom Horton, Mickey Horton

GH : Lila, Edward, Emily, Alan Quartermaine, Steve Hardy, Tony, Tanya B.J., and Georgie Jones, Stone Cates, Lily Corinthos

GL: Bert, Maureen, and Meta Bauer, Alan Spaulding, HB Lewis, Henry Chamberlain

OLTL; Asa, Gabrielle, Didi, Sarah Buchanon[JB not GP], Megan Harrison, Megan Rappaport

RH: Mary Fenelli

PAS: Timmy

Santa: Mary McCormick

SFT: Suzi Wyatt

Y&R: Katherine, John Abbott, Colleen[tears of joy for the end of TS], Drucilla

• Members

Mostly the ones that happen in real life that are written into the show, like Doug Watson (AW), John Beradino (GH), etc. The one that was written in because the actress chose to leave that made me cry was Amy Perkins Wallace (Kerry Sherman), Santa Barbara. It was the end of a well-written love story between two terrific characters, played by two solid actors (hence my screen name). Plus, in those early days, characters who died on SB stayed dead...unless they were named Eden and Mason Capwell. LOL The only upside was that the fallout of Amy's death gave Richard Eden such meaty material to work with that he earned an Emmy nomination.

• Members

Ruth Warrick/Phoebe Wallingford and James Mitchell/Palmer Cortlandt were both sad because the actors had passed in real life, but oddly, even though the memorial/funeral scenes made be tear up, I was so transfixed on how those singular shows felt so much more like the AMC I had grown up watching that the joyous feelings of nostalgia outweighed the sadness.

Archived