GH50: January 2014 Discussion - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See this is something that has always confused me. I've made no secret that ME is my boy so I understand if people chock this up to me being a stan but I never understand where the whole ME=filthy/nasty/greasy/doesn't bathe thing comes from. I kind of get it where John McBain was concerned because OLTL kept him in that Angel Square flophouse, nasty ass leather jacket, etc…all in the desire to make the character seem remote and gritty. But I don't see where he comes across as any "dirtier" than 90 percent of the men on soaps. I'm not coming at you Chit. It's just I've seen this type of remark so often and I just don't get it.

Anyway I watched the scene. It was fine. I was just happy to see two soap characters actually have sex in a bed like adults. It seems like in the last few years, soap sex scenes take place everywhere but in a bed. Couches, cars, tables, floors, bars, park benches, walls, etc… I'm fine with alternative locations but it's pretty obvious that a lot of those scenes were generated not by story but by budget considerations. Plus we're talking about people - I'm going to be kind - in their late 30s-early 40s. IMO, their first time should be in a bed.

• Members

With fantastic ratings they are. Good ratings equal revenue in the networks pocket. Frank has kept GH financially sound while yielding great ratings. Ur right if an exec producer has dismal ratings not long for the world. I don't see any EP changes on any of the shows.

• Members

Easton has always been that way. He's good at snark and deadpan but that's about it. Too much nonexistant acting. I think he has chemistry with KMc and he had chemistry with a couple women on OLTL but he sucks the life out of every scene.

Sam looks gorgeous!

Dante looks rough. Emme Rylan is pretty but she shifts her eyes and bugs them out too much and she talks too fast. JMB was a better Lulu.

Still loving Britt.

Maxie looks good in blue and with short hair but she's still annoying as hell. And that new guy she was with today sucks.

Sabrina and Felix are unwatchable. What is the point of him, besides being a stupid stereotype and Sabrina's sounding board?! Felix is proof that RC should never create any more gay characters. RC does a horrible job of it. Of course it doesn't help that the actor playing Felix is horrific. And Sabrina's trying to be noble but she's just pathetic and childish. She's not fooling anyone. Teresa Castillo whines with almost every line delivery.

• Members

Again difference oltl skyrocketed when it was already cancelled the decision was set no turning. Abc didn't care nor released any press releases. Abc has issued massive press releases, Vicki drummer and Paul lee abc have said they are wowed by frank and Ron and abc invested lots of dough for the 50th and GH getting practicality hottest show of year from critics. Abc is very happy as research shows the chew goes up sharply in second half hour into GH tune in. Vicki and Paul lee let frank and Ron do what they want within budget. GH is here to stay baby.

Archived