Another Y&R actor out??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, TWoP is defintely having a meltdown over MM being fired. I remember when they agreed with MM when he said portraying Adam was a cross between Don Draper and Walter White and he had the acting ability of the actors playing them (Jon Hamm and Bryan Cranston).

• Members

I didn't think he was untalented, but I thought his offscreen antics more than poisoned the role. Also, I always thought he was way too old for the character, or at least looked it.

I had been under the very, very vague impression that the previous Adam had been a young man with an angelic face and a tortured soul, caught between two walks of life with his mother and Victor. It just seems as though once MM took over it was all snark and evil deeds with a pouting face, all the time.

He's talented but he's more trouble than he's worth. Wasn't that the case at Veronica Mars, as well? I thought they fired him.

• Members

I doubt they'll change much in how the role is played or conceived - they'll go for a Muhney type because he was so popular. Trevor St. John is very much like him, but too old as well IMO.

The whole show is just terrible and/or dull IMO, and JFP is completely responsible for that now - she's there to drown the show in a bathtub, strip it down to basic parts and put it out of its misery. Y&R has turned into the dullest, poorest ABC soap she never made, and she made some bad ones. It's fascinating and a little sad to watch, or it would be if Maria Bell hadn't already run it into the ground. But it does amuse me, at least, to watch JFP fire all these annoying people that the Internet has overrated. Again and again it seems like soap twitter is shocked when their vanguards are not properly deified.

• Members

She can boast about this. Because it's very true. Every fan base thinks their fave controls the ratings. MM fans are no different. Waiting on The storytelling to get better and better so that the ratings will continue to rise. I have enjoyed this show more in the last couple months than I have since VR left. I even like lily now and found myself defend involved her. So...I am not mad at JFP yet.

Archived