Another Y&R actor out??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw someone saying the show is going to lose half their ratings next week because of boycotts.

I wish someone would tell them that the whole boycott JFP thing has been tried before and failed miserably. And I say this as someone who "boycotted" her work out of principle for over a decade.

It's embarrassing seeing people essentially argue over which overrated airhog caused the most trending when Y&R told them to hit bricks.

I think about all the talented people who have been fired from this show and nobody cared.

And I can't take anymore of people saying they will cry for Bill Bell. If you want to cry for Bill, cry over his daughter-in-law making a fool of herself for three years.

• Members

The industry/soap fans not be respected has absolutely nothing to do with some folks being pleased about Muhney being fired. Please do not try to make this situation more important than it really is.

An actor got fired. We don't know what exactly caused his situation yet, but we will soon enough.

• Members

Frank Valentini has hired all sorts of people and/or dealt with big egos and kept them in line, often to my surprise. I think the bigger issue is what would inevitably result between Muhney and Carlivati. I can see them doing it, but I can't see it ending well.

• Members

Thank you for pointing out that actors are employed for doing their jobs, just like any other person. If a plumber, mechanic, accountant, sous chef went on to have public rants about their fellow employees, bosses and places of business and it got back to their employer, they would have a serious problem.

Just because these folks are actors and they have a "huge/focal" fanbase, doesn't mean that they can do or say whatever they want and not have to deal with the results.

Muhney is a talented performer, but he lost perspective about his "importance" to TPTB. Anybody can be fired. People have to remember that part, especially when he's not calling the shots.

• Members

What does GH have to do with MM? Are people speculating that he will be hired there?

Whoever is bringing up Bill Bell is ignorant. He fired Terry Lester without a second thought for righting point that nepotism was the reason that talentless Christine Bell was being down our throats. Lester was far more popular than MM is now and Bell did not give a flying f'ck. Bell fired loads of actors in his time and got on with it.,

• Members

If Michael Muhney could've gotten another primetime gig after VM fired him and before and after Y&R took him on I think he would have done it. I suspect his reputation precedes him. If he goes anywhere in a lasting capacity, IMO, it will be on daytime.

• Members

Muhney on GH as a snarky new Quartermaine family member. Miller on GH as Ava's OTHER half-brother who establishes his own town gossip rag a la Restless Style. Well, it COULD happen. I've never had any vested interest in Muhney or Miller, but I do find them both talented enough to contribute elsewhere.

• Members

Those both sound like horrible ideas to me. I'd rather see them use the players they have (A.J.), or past characters. There's a few existing characters you could slot those two into, but honestly I just don't think they'd work on the show.

Archived