Another Y&R actor out??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see some people pushing for Billy Miller as Lucky.

And I thought I hated Lucky.

This whole idea that GH needs to snap up Miller and Muhney, to show who's boss, is the exact type of sinkhole Y&R was in during the MAB years.

If people want even more pink-eyed hams on GH, good for them, but I don't.

• Members

I said in another post that Morrow hasn't made the ego-driven comments recently. If he's stopped doing that, then I'm sure he will not have a problem with employment. Most of the people who have gone are people who seemed to make demands of the show.

As for Muhney - I am sorry for him and his family to lose a paycheck. But he himself once spoke out about firings that were needed. This is just how the soap industry is.

• Members

THIS is exactly why I'M glad Michael Muhney is gone.

Not only is his character DEEPLY unsympathic and has overstayed his welcome by 4+ years and should leave town ASAP but Muhney is just so much more trouble than it is worth. He's not a terrible actor but got 6 years of frontburner status and good money out of it. So let us - who were annoyed by his antics - just celebrate. Buh-bye, don't let the door hit you on your way out Michael! I'm SOOOO over self-indulged twitter drama queens. Do your job and act - and STFU the rest of the time.

• Members

So instead we should feign sympathy for the job loss of a self-absorbed, unkind person who is bad at their job and has displayed grossly inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour not just at work but in public in the name of his workplace?

Noted.

• Members

I can't speak on the more detailed complaints above. I simply find him grossly overrated and personally obnoxious. Not untalented but not worth the bullshit. It was the same with Billy Miller's comings and goings and overpraise by the soap press, although I never heard anything bad about Miller as a person - it was just clear he wasn't invested in staying with the show, IMO, and I thought he'd become a one-trick pony.

When it comes to Muhney, Michelle Stafford, Steve Burton, etc. I'm beyond over these people who think they hung the moon in a tiny industry where a handful of half-baked, strung out "tastemakers" try to convince the world they [!@#$%^&*] gold.

And I'd like to see GH try to hire Michael Muhney. I'm sure they're eyeing him up, but if you thought Muhney had a hard time keeping his mouth shut about scripts and story on CBS, wait. He and Ron Carlivati would be slicing each other up in under 30 days. Unlike other PTB Ron cannot handle that kind of criticism, especially not from someone as unctuous as Muhney. It would be like King Kong vs. Godzilla in the clash of insecure egos.

• Members

I never thought this day would come. I'm so excited!!! He finally got what he deserved. I actually think he could benefit from unemployment, you know, to learn and see the world from a humble point of view.

The terms being used ('axed!'), the character being recast... this is just delicious! tongue.png

• Members

I feel bad that as a father of kids, he has lost his job. Having said that, he got a pretty decent salary and should have some savings, as well as a redundancy package of some kind to tide him over for a bit.

As far as MM going to another soap... his reputation precedes him as a big ego and a twitter troublemaker. Carlivati may over-identify and try to get this guy hired, but Valentini wants people who toe the line and will quash that mess. I would be truly stunned if GH offered Muhney a job.

He has a chance in PT, even though Veronica Mars's showrunner let it be known that he was a PITA. VM is pretty much an ensemble piece where everybody got along except for him, but PT is also a much bigger place than the Daytime world and if he just goes to auditions and keeps his head down, Muhney should get something. He's a man in his late 30s, lord knows there are roles aplenty for him. If it was an actress in her late-30s or older, I'd be more worried (hence why Michelle Stafford rolled her sleeves up and dove into an enterprising project of her own making and which is getting some kudos out there. Good for her). Maybe he should take a chapter out of Stafford's book and go it alone in his own made-to-measure web project, too. He seems to have a lot of ideas about what he should play; I wonder if inside of him there is a frustrated HW/EP (as there probably is in many of us, lol).

• Members
I don't post about my job, let alone coworkers, on social media (aside from vague things like "long day at work today"). If I did yes I'd expect to be fired esp if I spewed such hatred and [!@#$%^&*] like he does.

Some people deserve to be fired. I have had to fire people before and it never bothered me because they either were not doing their job, or were causing issues at work. Actors, like non actors, get fired. And quit. Somethimes it's their fault and sometimes it's not. The difference is they live a public life, and by being so vocal and active on a site like twitter it opens them up to even more public reactions.

And this has absolutely zero to do with why soaps get a lack of respect. They have a lack of respect because tv in general always did and soaps were so,e of the cheapest looking tv shows back in the day. That's where it started. It escalated as they became poor snl skit versions of themselves, but that's another issue.

• Members

Doug Davidson indicated that there was "more to this story" of Muhney's firing -- damn, you know he is dying to spill but can't! The only person who could conceivably spill is the alpha dog himself, Eric Braeden. But poor EB has been bending over backwards to be nice on Twitter. He is particularly aware of Y&R's foreign fandom so he tries to present a respectful picture of the brand and himself (and I love him for trying hard to keep the bitch in check). However, sometimes, Alpha Dawg can't help himself:

1. Billy miller and michelle stafford left to pursue careers in film and pm tv! It was THEIR decision!!!

3:52 PM - 17 Dec 13 · Details
  2. @EBraeden #YR has never trended on Twitter prior to @michaelmuhney being fired. That right there shows how important he is to Y&R.

3. @eastcoastmom23 @EBraeden @michaelmuhney it trended when #billymiller news came out fans were pissed this is the last straw #FIREJFP

@LoriSimmons2 with all due respect you have absolutely NO clue!!!!

7:31 PM - 17 Dec 13
Tweet text
Dismiss
Image will appear as a link
  1. @EBraeden: @LoriSimmons2 with all due respect you have absolutely NO clue!!!!”

2. @EBraeden Mr. Braeden, I think you should explain to the fans on Twitter, that the show will go on, the show is bigger than one actor

3. @SexyDredloc @EBraeden Agree BUT after recent losses,we fear the remaining 1s that we♡may go 2&it'll no longer b #YR but #justsomeothershow

4. @SexyDredloc @EBraeden YEAH bigger than 4?watched 40 yr never seen year like this PLEEZ save spin JC passed MS/BM wanted 2 leave yada yada

5. @EBraeden @LoriSimmons2 The EP/Sony is the problem not the actors or CBS. The other issue is the actor contracts. Sony can cancel at will.

6. @EBraeden @LoriSimmons2 Will the REAL story come out??? There has been SO many changes in a short time therefore fans r confused :((

• Members

I'm absolutely dying to know what exactly happened. The actors' twitters keep hinting-- 'There's more to the story', 'We want to provide an excellent show', 'This has been a crazy day'. It makes you wonder if a bomb blew up on the set.

ETA: Cat we posted at the same time :)

Archived