Y&R: Return!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All that Giddens is proving is that he cannot be gracious when he's in the wrong. This is just so damn ridiculous and proves why the so called "soap press" has turned into a complete joke.

Now, none of this has nothing to do with Billy Miller leaving the show and being replaced by the original portrayer of Billy Abbott, David Tom. I think that's pretty fantastic that YR wanted to give Tom another chance in the role. It's been clear, for years that Miller has been itching to leave daytime and that it was just something he was doing to get a check. I don't fault him for that, but he has to make a clean break and actually put himself out there, without the security net of daytime.

• Members

Yeah, the craziness over Billy Miller is just insane. Say they took the deal and he books a primetime pilot in 3 months, then what? I understand many think he's amazing, but he doesn't want to be there. Period. He was basically saying "I'll collect a paycheck until I get the job I REALLY want." How can you write around that? And then what the hell do they do? Since David Tom was available, they had to take this. It would've been stupid not to.

• Members

Yes. It's been clear that Miller has had these "perks", in order to keep him on the show, but it doesn't help in storyline or character development, when the actor contracted to portray that character is actively looking for another job outside of that position. Sometimes, I just don't get the outrage directed towards these folks in charge. Especially, when it has nothing to do about the writing or storyline development.

How long did folks expect for Miller to continue in the role, when each and every time his contract is up for renewal, he talks about wanting to do primetime? He's had it pretty damn easy for the past couple of years, but it was time for this part of his professional life to make a break.

Hell, he might not actually be able to book a pilot OR have that pilot lead to an actual full series run on ANY network, but at least he'll have truly taken a shot at what he's said he's wanted to pursue.

• Members

well, I've always thought David Tom could act circles around Billy Miller, but what does he look like, now? Last time I seen him was on OLTL, and he looked a sloppy M-E-S-S.

anyway, I hope this means Ashley Bashioum/Mac is coming back, too. Now would be a REALLY good time to bring back Mac w/ Kay being dead, and also rekindle Mac+Billy (complete with flashback footage...)

• Members

Wasn't Tom on OLTL years ago?

Maybe things have got better for him, in his personal life, so that he can continue with his professional career as an actor?

As for AB, isn't she in another professional tract (medical career)? If she hasn't been involved in anything acting wise in years, why would she come back as Mac now? She didn't even come back for Kay's funeral. Does anybody know if AB wants to pursue acting again?

Archived