Y&R: Return!

• Members

What in the world? I like JG but this is becoming quite unprofessional of him. No self respecting journalists plays he says, she says on twitter. Stop. I wish he would just stop. Because at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Billy Miller is out. David Tom is in. The story will go on...NOt jsut that, these people don't owe him an explanation or clarification.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamey has to be right. Let it GO

1. Baaaa. #Sheep. I was born at night, but not last night.

2. @BellaSpinx I'd say the words out of the actor's own mouth, repeatedly, on a live radio show is verification.

3. @BellaSpinx @jasonandsam @1SteveBurton @AngelicaMcD @TVGMLogan What exactly is a "fly-in" deal then? Groupon discounts for Value Jet? View conversation

4. @BrendaSteffen1 So if that ain't true, it ain't ME who's lying. I didn't go on Kanan's Rules and I don't run a network. Stories don't match.

5. @BrendaSteffen1 He said he had fly-in deal at #GH with Jill. Didn't have one there after Jill. Sony and Jill offered to fly him in for #YR.

6. @johnandmarlena This is really a tragic fumble on their part. I was so prepared to leave this be. Now it's irking me even more.

7. @johnandmarlena This isn't about what I said though. Steve Burton said it himself on Sean Kanan's Kanan Rules radio show.

• Members

Hell for all we know the deal means that SBU can come & Go and they block tape him when he comes in??? Maybe he only films 2 weeks a month. Who knows. Who cares. That doesnt affect BM using YR as a crutch to me

Welcome home David Tom

• Members

Oh, my God, I thought he was done. Even Jamey "Namaste" Giddens must know better than to go off on these particular people in public. He's had several dozen embarrassing public meltdowns on twitter, but this is something new.

It reminds me of David Vickers's immortal line on OLTL when Victor Jr. "called himself to the stand" as his own lawyer in 2004: "This is incredible. Where is Allen Funt?"

• Members

Maybe they're stretching the truth, maybe they're not. That's not the point. What matters here is he's a "journalist" being wildly unprofessional in a public forum, ranting and raving and trying to take a scalp for Billy "The Killer" Miller's honor.

• Members

It's social media. People don't understand boundaries anymore, they just think it's "keeping it real." They have no understanding of the difference between how you conduct yourself among friends vs. in the public eye, in your chosen profession.

This started with some of the film sites long ago - people wanting to be taken seriously and genuflected to as legitimate new media, but not being mature or experienced enough to understand the boundaries or cognitive separation. They'd have people acting a fool in public, then turn around and go "tee-hee, don't blame me, I'm just a film nerd, not a journalist." Then a week later, they're banging the drum demanding respect for the new journalism. This has trickled down to politics of late as well.

Most entertainment journalism is dead. These people are not the heirs. It's just cosplay. They're not going to get a job with any major site or publication, either. A lot of those big sites have their own brand of higher-class neurotics.

Archived