Y&R: Return!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You must've missed last weeks revelation that Jess Walton was the one behind the creation of Cane and her gushing over how DG reminds her of her real son. Jill will still be Cane's mother no matter what. She'll just spread the love to Billy too outside of the outside of his times of crisis.

DT does look better than when I last saw him

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000763463565/c1f4a6ce30793d2c2782ff2228895112.jpeg

• Members

Jess is JFP's type of actress and Jess also seems to be very professional, which would help. I'm sure that some people will be braying over that type of tweet, but it's a basic fact - I doubt JFP has any animosity toward Miller.

I'm just glad that Jess seems to be involved and feels like it's not just some short term thing before they get the axe out for her head. She deserves that after the way she was treated by MAB.

• Members

LMAO, as if JFP would let that happen. Cute thought, tho.

i don't know what Jess thinks, but this likely won't lead to more screen time for her. If anything (assuming he's only gotten BETTER as an actor over time...) David Tom's return will siphon-off screen time from everyone else (that's not a JFP favorite), especially when he starts pinging up award nods...

• Members
Honestly, I'm not sure where JG thinks this proves anything. All that's clear was that at gh he had a fly I'm deal that was never executed at some point but talks didn't get that far with a new deal.

He mentions flying in twice when speaking about yr. Jill asking him if he's interested in flying in and Sony asking if he wants to come back to la or to fly in. Nowhere is that clear he is being paid to fly in. Of course it doesn't say he's not either. It's just not clear either way.

Nor should it be. This is totally irrelevant and just JG desperate for attention. Remember when DC was becoming the meca of soap online news? Sad what it's become.

• Members

I tried listening to their podcasts and initially I was entertained but by the 3rd listen the novelty had worn off and so had my interest. It just seemed to be the same two people monopolizing the time (you hardly heard the other people's voices) and since I listen on earphones, the endless shouting was draining my nerves. By the middle of the 4th podcast, I decided that it was a colossal waste of my time and only increasing my chances of hearing loss.

I'd rather participate in an actual conversation. I'm not opposed to debate in any way but the idea that you have a group of people supposedly participating in a conversation and you don't hear but one or two voices for 30, 40, 50 minutes is grating.

Unfortunately, I came to the DC blog fairly later on so the tenor was already like this. And I never bothered to venture back to the blog where there are so many other blogs out there providing coverage that doesn't insert the authors opinion so frequently.

I think a lot of these blogs would be better off if they stop trying to present themselves as 'journalists' when most only saturate readers with their perceptions and opinions.

WLS is probably the only blog that I've seen where they successfully present the information and let people form their own opinions.

I've never thought of DC as anything except Op-Ed (Opinions more than anything) and the Confidential in the title tells me what I could expect. Anyone see L.A. Confidential? Well, the point of that title is describing any publication that publishes gossip, rumor, innuendo and a smattering of facts presented in the most salacious manner. If people mistake any publication that uses the word Confidential in the title as anything resembling news or journalism--that's kind of their fault, isn't it?

• Members

I haven't bothered with their podcast in ages, but I had to hear the reaction to this mess. It's one of the craziest things I've ever heard, at least the Y&R portion - I didn't bother with the rest. I think it's more about their personal outrage that someone wouldn't follow their cues on Billy Miller, more than anything else - the confirmation that they're just not that important. And their complaints about Steve Burton ring extremely false to me when all I ever heard them do re: GH was compliment the Guza mob years and say that the show needed Jason back on GH in that old leather jacket, phoning in his lines and playing with toy guns. That's the last thing GH needs, ever again. I agree Steve is probably being given an untoward sweetheart deal at Y&R that he doesn't deserve, but Miller doesn't deserve it either.

They didn't always used to be so full of themselves. The problem is that whether they always admit it or not they do see themselves as journalists, tastemakers, and they're outraged when they're not taken seriously. But there are no really big deals in the soap press - not anymore, not today, not even the good ones. And quoting chapter and verse over whether or not Big Steve is being flown in - just to rant about being slighted, and the injustice of losing Billy Miller - it's just egomania and playing favorites.

• Members

I also think that she will continue to be Cane's mother...but they maybe, just maybe, Billy won't have to play second banana to the imposter.

I think that things seem to be coming up Jess...LOL. She has more airtime and is involved in worthwhile SLs. So yeah...thing are looking good.

• Members

That's just what they say after they get caught out acting a fool. When they're in the moment they're all about how outraged they are at not being respected like the real, professional and legitimate new journalists they claim they are.

It's as I said before - a lot of the new generation of online media wants all the praise and recognition and none of the responsibility or professional expectations for behavior. They want to have it both ways.

Archived