Y&R: Michael Muhney Interview

• Members

Muhney is obviously a buffoon, the epitome of megalomaniac and makes me thankful everyday that I in no way associate myself nor my curiosities with the cesspool that is Twitter.

However, he's harmless and most importantly not even 1/10 as dangerous as Chris Engen and individuals like him.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Personally, I'm glad Engen never chose to address those bogus, hysterical "homophobe" slurs hurled at him.

Before and since then, Adam has yet to date to display ANY tendencies to even being bisexual, let alone gay. That's what I think bothered Engen, that Adam would stoop as low as to pretend to be gay to seduce a man to slither his way out of trouble. And it's what I've ALWAYS thought. I was shocked at the amount of hate and the smear campaign perpetrated against him.

• Members

Muhney reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines ever. To paraphrase, Kevin Spacey in The Ref:

You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, [MM]. A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.

• Members

People's minds were already made up, so IMHO, Chris did the right thing. Walk away. Some actors care about the integrity of the characters they play, and we know this. Chris decided he was not going to play a character who tosses a fetus in a fire place and screw a guy to get out of trouble when men have never been on the character's radar and has not been brought up again, and he's labeled a homophobe? And of course, the audience is right, right? WTFev! In reality, Adam should not have survived 6 months after showing he was a bonafide sociopath, but what happens when the EP loves your dirty bath water? You get a Moron Muhney. I remember Linden Ashby being so disgusted with the writing for Kevin after he was proven to be a sociopath. You have to be good enough to write a character out and let the other characters deal with the aftermath or not take a character too far. Linden didn't want Cameron "redeemed" because he didn't think it was good for the character after all he had done. I admired that so much and will never forget it.

And what really bugs the [!@#$%^&*] out of me is that even if Chris thinks being gay is wrong, this does not make him a homophobe who wants homosexuals wiped off of the face of the earth. It would just be something he disagrees with.

+2

• Members

I agree. If you are going to take them that far, they have to be written out for a while (just no to an in jail story for them) to protect the integrity of the show if nothing else. But Y&R has been doing this for a while now (Kevin is exhibit A...attempted murderer, arsonist, rapist). Even now with this Delia story, they want the drama for there faves but no payoff. I doubt Adam hit Delia and if he did, nothing will happen to him. Just no integrity.

• Members

I truly believe that Muhney's succumbed to all of the hot air being blown up his ass, by the fawning fans and what's left of the biased soap "press" in the US. These five years have really gone to his head.

He just reminds me of another soap actor, who cannot help but show his toolish behaviour in interviews and on Twitter. Emmett Scanlan from the UK's Hollyoaks.

Archived